No Man's Sky Offline play or Online play.

Pagafyr

Do you like to play No Man's Sky?

Which way is better?

Playing Online

Playing with friends, making friends too, or just the feel of being among others while playing the game?

Playing Offline.

All space, all on your own, and no bugs.

Playing Online or Offline: with or without Mods?

I discovered how to set Steam up in the Offline mode. While it is; the Steam window is still there, only the Library of Games is the only part working.

By clicking Go Offline we Can't use Community Discussions to chat, can't get the latest news, or recommended games; until we chose Go Online. It amazed me to find out how much of a difference there is playing any game in the Offline mode and never even once running it in the Online mode. After doing an Update in the Online Mode I switch to the Offline mode first before I play any of my games. If you have friends who you play games across the Internet then Online is the only way you can in No Man's Sky.

I did not start a new game unless I put it in the Offline mode first and never played it in the Online mode, not even once after I started a New Game.

Offline Mode never was spoiled by Internet transmissions slowing down or speeding up. Or by glitches caused by being ONLINE and other apps running in the background while playing the game.

When I quit playing and shut the game down; I quit the game while still in the Offline mode and remembered too, to always put Steam in the Offline mode before I start playing the new game again.

In the Offline Mode Steam is only running the game; without any other apps like Community Discussions, NEWS, Special Sales Events, notices like the cards we get for playing games, or for Season Sales events which give us cards too for doing stuff, like doing a queue to discover new Games on Sale, or any other background apps using and taking up Bandwidth between our computer and the Steam Server.