Civilization III

Dark0ne

Dominate the world through Diplomatic Finesse, Cultural Domination, and Military Prowess in the sequel to the sequel of the original classic, Civilization!

yeah same, although i didnt like Civ2, i only liked the original, there was just something about it that made me play it for hours on end after school, Civ3 felt like a waste of money to be honest.

I dont know, i really liked Civ 3. I think it was probably because i was never any good at it si i kept playing just tryin to get better.

I used to fear having to go to war with another nation because i just knew i'd either loose or i'd muck it up completly and it's take me for ever.

I personally liked all the Civilisations. I generally found that I'd have a weak army for half the game so would have to be the diplomatic wimp in negotiations. Then in the second half when I had a larger civ and a larger army I'd call the diplomatic shots.

Tried to get into Civ 3 again recently but failed miserably.

• 2 weeks later...

Am currently playing civilization III with the 'conquests' add-on, and i must say it is much better than civ III and the other add-on, um........., Play the World!!! (it took ages to remember that - i thought it was a waste of my money) I would recommend getting either the gold edition or conquests.

I dont get very far because i declare war on people when their army is twice the size of mine (i am on deity difficulty level) lol!!!

I never bought the first two. Does any1 recommend me buying them now, after having played civ III?

I think Civ 3 doesn't have a low enough setting for beginner players (Do the diff. setting change AI skill, or do they change cost of items?)

The AI is noticeably better than in the precursors, although some of the improvements also appear in Alpha Centauri. One thing that's worth mentioning: AI builds up troops outside your city's LOS, and when it thinks it has enough, attacks.

The territory system is far better than Civ 2 is. You can't, for instance, build cities in the territory of your allies in order to take it over, but you can instead convert their cities without incident.

EDIT: Don't know about 1, but for $10-$15 bucks, Civ 2 would be a bargain.