Can't Log in on Vortex

MonztrM01
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I am having a very similar issue with Vortex 1.9.3., for the last week (RDR2 game purchased thru Instant Gaming). I can log into my Nexusmods account without issue on my desktop; however when I attempt to log in to Vortex by clicking the red icon at the top, I get presumably a fail. The webpage opens asking for me to authorise as it had every day for the past month or so, and as usual I click the AUTHORISE button and the screen changes immediately to the Log In to Vortex screen.........and that apparently is where the 'breakdown' occurs. No matter how many times I click that log in button - the Vortex screen itself only shows a continual spinning icon beside the Authorise dialog. The nexus webpage indicated that I had successfully authorised my account with Vortex and that Vortex was authenticated with my nexus mods account.

I have removed ALL the mods that I had been successfully playing with over the past 30 days, have even uninstalled and reinstalled Vortex no less than 5 times over the past couple of days, have logged out of Nexus Mods and then logged back in on my desktop multiple times, have even tried several times to log in with a token (but always got the error code Invalid Token; unexpected end of JSON input).

After reading through this thread, including the best answer provided by Pickysaurus, it seems my problem is similar but maybe not the exact same as what has been discussed here?

Any help would be appreciated, as I am really stuck here (since doing what I thought was a clean re-install of VORTEX didn't allow me to start from scratch hoping to clear whatever the problem is).

If it helps, here is the detailed description of the JSON error:

SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at applyKey (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:6973:182)
at Object.ba (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:14:84)
at ja (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:14:238)
at ka (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:14:292)
at oa (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:15:72)
at lc (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:52:170)
at jc (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:51:255)
at mc (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:52:334)
at sc (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:56:10)
at Ia (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:287:189)
at Ma (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:19:57)
at Rc (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:70:279)
at id (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:69:102)
at exports.unstable_runWithPriority (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\scheduler\cjs\scheduler.production.min.js:19:467)
at cg (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:122:325)

UPDATE: Today (9/13/23) I had the opportunity to attempt Vortex log-in again. I changed nothing in my routine, and nothing on my computer. The log-in was successful today - I don't know who or what group has been working behind the scenes to remedy the log-in problem, but I sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Unfortunately the isse still seems to be around. Vortex was totally fine the last few days and from today on I cannot log in giving me a "403" error when I start Vortex and when I try to log in I get

Error: Failed to parse failure response: "<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en-US"><head><title>Jus"
at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:6847:101)
at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)
at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1359:12)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21)
Edited by VexaSouleater

I have exactly the same problem!

Error: Failed to parse failure response: "<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en-US"><head><title>Jus"

at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:6847:101)

at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)

at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1359:12)

at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21)

Yesterday I was logged in and then today I turned on the PC, started Vortex and log-in failed.

I only played Starfield until I turned off the PC yesterday.