modded Fallout 3 hours not recorded by Steam

Borrelguard

Hi,

I understand that other people have had this problem, but I think I am in a situation of which no answer exists on forums online. I have FOSE installed as well as about 10 other mods, through Mod Organizer 2. I had to downgrade the FO3 version so FOSE would work, so I really don't want to press play on the Steam client to launch FO3, for fear that the game will update automatically. When I launch FOSE through MO2, the game works fine, the mods work fine, everything works, except for the fact Steam does not recognize that the game is being played and therefore my hours of playtime do not register. This is not a problem on Skyrim, New Vegas, FO4, or Oblivion. On those games, you can launch the Script Extender from MO2 and the game will open in Steam, recording the playtime. But FO3 has this problem. I tried renaming the launcher executables, but this doesn't solve the problem, because I still need to launch the game from MO2 for the mods to work. Does anyone know how to fix this, so that I can launch the game through MO2 (so the mods will work) and also have Steam open the game at the same time and record playtime?

Thank you