Mirror's Edge - Fus Ro Dah mod

Abincyprus

Something I made when I used to work on Mirror's Edge modding and decided to share here. Nothing was ported (voice was recorded from the game), made from scratch and there's no download unfortunately because there's no way to make this dynamic and these are basically scripted scenes... And tdinput.ini only works in the editor.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xZ95TjtuQ

Edited by Abincyprus

Something I made when I used to work on Mirror's Edge modding and decided to share here. Nothing was ported (voice was recorded from the game), made from scratch and there's no download unfortunately because there's no way to make this dynamic and these are basically scripted scenes... And tdinput.ini only works in the editor.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xZ95TjtuQ

If you start getting moderated for porting in youtube videos, then I think I'm just going to quit the nexus. That's more or less all machinma is.

Interesting haha. And uhh, you are not supposed to remove files from one game and put them in another....that is a bannable offense on here.

Edited by Illiad86

Interesting haha. And uhh, you are not supposed to remove files from one game and put them in another....that is a bannable offense on here.

He clearly stated nothing was ported in his post. And as far as I know, it's completely ok to do it for your own uses, you just can't share ported material because it's copyright and/or trademark infringement to do so. If you took oblivion resources and ported them to skyrim directly and then shared them then people who own skyrim might not own oblivion, but they're getting assets from oblivion, which is then copyright infringement.

None of this applies to videos though. He's not sharing any resources period. You can't break apart a video and steal the game assets out of it.

Edited by Fistandilius

As long as the mod isn't 1) using any assets from other games/DLCs and/or was made 100% from the ground up (no just tracing textures) then I don't see an issue with it. If he would want to release it I advise letting one of the staff look at it.

Now if the video DID contain an illegal port then we would take the video down and address the issue with the OP.

I hope that answer the concerns?

I know, I read the topic regarding this.

The only question I have is the "voices recorded from the game"...what game exactly?

Skyrim of course. Recorded with Fraps and sound exported and edited... I hope there are no issues with this right?

As long as the mod isn't 1) using any assets from other games/DLCs and/or was made 100% from the ground up (no just tracing textures) then I don't see an issue with it. If he would want to release it I advise letting one of the staff look at it.

I can't release it, since the scripts need the bots to be "tagged." That also means that I have to upload Mirror's Edge Scripts, which can be obtained by people who don't have the game.

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r535/Abincyp/Kismet1.png

Now if the video DID contain an illegal port then we would take the video down and address the issue with the OP.

Recoded video which was then converted into sound and edit is not a port, right?

I hope that answer the concerns?

Not really. Why would a video of a port need to be taken down? It's a video. It's not a downloadable asset. It's no different than making a machinma. I mean I guess if you want to say he doesn't have bethesda's permission to use that audio in his video then that's fine, but that means any other skyrim video uploads are just as suspect.

For that matter if Bethesda had a problem with it, they'd have had the youtube video pulled. Videos are pulled all the time from youtube for copyright infringement.

Edited by Fistandilius

The Terms of Service is clear that we do not allow links to illegal ports. If they are images, video or anything else. We will not encourage of facilitate these ports in any way. What you do in your own game is your issue. It has nothing to do with Beth but with Dark0ne and how he chooses to run this site and has been a long-standing policy here. We remove images from the image share daily, remove links to sites that showcase ported content and remove forum post that contain links to these sites or to videos (many of which have links to the illegal content also) with this content. It is not our habit to give these folks formal warnings or bans out of hand, but to remove the links and gently remind them of our Terms of Service. If they persist is when we continue forward. It happens, sometime people don't realize it is illegal content so we take these things with that in mind.

For your review a quote from the ToS:

"posting of any copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material, is strictly prohibited on any Nexus site. This includes linking to sites that contain copyrighted material used without permission of the copyright holder. Legal inquiries regarding copyright infringement are taken very seriously on Nexus sites and we will work with any legal body to identify and bring to justice anyone who might use a Nexus site to share copyrighted material."

You can further read the Terms of Service (which was recently updated) and get a better idea of how we view these things:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules