Universal action markers.

South8028

In general, a good idea... Make a lot of universal markers for different actions with standard sizes 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc. Jump from roof to roof, climb poles, climb a rope, do parkour and so on. How to mark markers on the map so that they are not conspicuous, and what actions would be interesting for the Commonwealth map? I think it is necessary to finally realize the overcoming of fences and various obstacles. What other animations make sense?

First off: Wow, well done!

Just placing the markers will take an eternity.

Thank you. Yes, now, with havok, there are many more possibilities to create animation. Although I'm still just learning how to animate a person. Mechanisms are much easier to animate. But, markers are unlikely to take much time. They can be made in any shape for any event and with any animation with root movement. Many games do the same. Although, if you know another way to start animations, then I'm all for it. In general, it annoys me in the game that any fence and height is an insurmountable obstacle.

Nice job. In other games certain animations are tied to keys on the keyboard. I wonder, for example, if hopping of a fence could be tied to a key stroke.

Yes, you can jump. (You can even fly, I have already done the flight, but at a fixed height. I don't know yet how to control movement along the Z axis.) But it probably won't look good. All obstacles are different, and all of them must be overcome by the actor in different ways. I want to make a small library of fixed size animations for different ways of parkour. For example, at a low height, the actor can simply jump and pull himself up. And at high altitude, you can already do different ways. For example, an actor throws a cable with a hook and climbs along the cable. Or using ice axes. Or something else. In general, it probably makes sense to import the most common meshes of buildings, fences, etc. from the map and animate acrobatics on these meshes.If I'm not mistaken, in GTA such acts are implemented in a similar way. Only there meshes immediately act as activators for animations. Edited by South8028

A couple of years back I ran across some youtube vids depicting something called the havok behavior tool (HBT). When I watched them I thought, wouldn't it be cool if we could do some of that it FO4. neeher's mod, climbable ladders showed us you could actually climb ladders purely through animation and without the use of scripts, and now south shows us scaling a wall with ice axes...too cool. I could even a mod where the author made a quest which depicted a building and the only way to enter the build would be to scale the exterior walls to some entry point. Lots of possibilities.

BTW, here is the vid of the HBT, there are several of them on there. Don't think it was tied to FO4 directly but pretty cool nonetheless./

Edited by pepperman35

A couple of years back I ran across some youtube vids depicting something called the havok behavior tool (HBT). When I watched them I thought, wouldn't it be cool if we could do some of that it FO4. neeher's mod, climbable ladders showed us you could actually climb ladders purely through animation and without the use of scripts, and now south shows us scaling a wall with ice axes...too cool. I could even a mod where the author made a quest which depicted a building and the only way to enter the build would be to scale the exterior walls to some entry point. Lots of possibilities.

BTW, here is the vid of the HBT, there are several of them on there. Don't think it was tied to FO4 directly but pretty cool nonetheless./

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUFWZ5-mGJE&t=5s

I thought that it was quite possible to do without a hat. With the help of annotations. In havok, you can run annotations tied to the root in the Dope Sheet. This allows you to probably do whatever you want with actors and objects. I haven't tried many annotations yet. But, for example, animObj allows you to draw any static and even animated objects from under havok. For example, these ice axes are in the hands of an actor. This is interesting because objects can be loaded with the animObjLoad annotation and unloaded with animObjUnequip in any quantity and at any speed. I haven't tried it yet, but in theory objects can be static (as long as they are animated in sync with the actor's bones). Those in theory can do without HAT.You can run gamebryo and havok objects synchronously and provide switching between pseudo-sequences (switchable by animObj annotations). One difficulty, you need to animate the game statics in sync with the havok animation. Or import a gamebryo object and animate the rig in sync with that gamebryo animation. I will soon make such an object and will be able to describe the process in detail.

This turns out to be a collision effect on the camera. On an object with one collision, there is no such problem. Those collisions around the object after elrich don't match what you see in ck on f4, or do in 3ds. The collision has an invisible plane (floor) and this plane goes beyond the object. When the camera crosses this plane, it dives into the collision. I tried all sorts of objects and everywhere there is an invisible plane that does not interact with the actor, but the camera reacts. Maybe someone will come in handy if someone encounters this oddity havok.