Favorite display room/trophies type mod?

evilneko

Hey all. I know such mods exist for oblivion, mainly in the form of mannequins, and I do see a Mannequin mod for FO3 here on the nexus, but I'm curious as to what people's favorite ways of arranging and displaying the various trophies, souvenirs, and other things they've acquired in their travels.

Currently, I'm just using the various pieces of furniture in my megaton house to display my prizes -- my first Brotherhood power armor, the armor from the first enclave I killed, the drifter's rifle, Jingwei's sword, etc etc.

Two problem with this method: it's a HUGE PITA to arrange things nicely with the Z key! :wallbash:

...and also I'm running out of places to put things.

It's an interesting predicament for me. I've never actually collected trophies before in any previous game. It just seemed.. natural.. in FO3 to display these things.

So, what say you, folks? How do you display your trophies? I'm not asking for a "best" mod, I'm interested in a variety of options to evaluate for myself. (Heck, doesn't even have to be a mod, if someone has some nifty trick for how and where to arrange things, I'd like to know!)

(Ok, actually, I do know about that magic hand mod. I may take the plunge and grab FOSE and give it a try, but like I said, I'm interested in options here)

:thanks:

there aren't any that I know of.....

but you could go into GECK and arrange them like that, it just wouldn't be quite as easy as a mod to arrange things (but easier than arranging them ingame)

I suppose someone could make a container with settings for each object, then each object would be copied/moved onto a mannequin or something, but that wouldn't be easy to script (I'm not even sure it thats possible) and it would be nearly impossible to make a setting for each object like that

AND to have enough space to theoretically use them all

I KNEW I'd get some replies in the regular discussion forum.

but you could go into GECK and arrange them like that,

You can use GECK to shuffle items around in a saved game?! Like, I go toss some crap on the ground, save my game, then somehow edit the save with GECK? I didn't know GECK could do that.

like that combat inhibitor I blew out of a protectron (seriously, from the front of it, in VATS, I shot the combat inhibitor clean out of the protectron)

Damn, that's awesome.

I think the house mods (especially vaults and Megaton house mods) tend to sometimes have trophy cases included.

I suppose I'll look into them, then. Always thought my vanilla house (Megaton) was a hassle anyway, though somewhat conveniently located.

but you could go into GECK and arrange them like that,

You can use GECK to shuffle items around in a saved game?! Like, I go toss some crap on the ground, save my game, then somehow edit the save with GECK? I didn't know GECK could do that.

like that combat inhibitor I blew out of a protectron (seriously, from the front of it, in VATS, I shot the combat inhibitor clean out of the protectron)

Damn, that's awesome.

you can't move stuff in saves around

and thanks, I wish I'd gotten a vid of it, probably easy to replicate, just have to get the right angle when you hit VATS

you can't move stuff in saves around

Ah, so I can't use GECK to directly tidy up my house. But I could make, say, a shelf, arrange items on it, then make a mod placing said shelf with its items in the house. I see.

I plugged "house" into the search on fo3nexus and am browsing through the results. May take a while.