Seamless OCOv2 overriding HGEC body options

MattKelly77

Hello - Sorry Newb here I have tried really hard before posting this.

Been following the Bevilex mod list and video tutorial. Have used Wrye Bash & BOSS exclusively.

Am now trying to get HGEC body replacer to activate. I have researched on this topic and unistalled and re installed sepcicifc installers to rectify but cannot find solution.

Followed instructions from Seamless OCOv2 on Nexus mods page. Installed in correct order...Coronerras Skeleton, OCOv2, Seamless OCOv2 (SR-OCOv2 and SR-OCOv2 Nudes), HGEC BAIN repack, HGEC texture compatibility addon and then Seamless HGEC Female (SE HGEC CORE).

The only issue is despite using Wrye Bash wizrd installer to select body options, I cannot alter in game only when I deactivate Seamless OCOv2. It appears no matter what body option I go for, if Seamless OCOv2 is installed it overrides and allocates generic female body.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Many thanks

Without using the options that Blockhead opens up (in respect to PerRace and PerNPC body options) the vanilla game use a single body type for males and one for females.

It will use the last one you installed because each step of the install process overwrites some files installed by the previous step.

I won't be home where my gaming computer is untiil sometime in mid Sept so I can't properly verify or troubleshoot the install order you have posted (but it doesn't seem right to me).

Thanks for replying Striker, right so if installing a set of mods that relate to one another, the last mod installed should overwrite some of the previous mod's files.

Thats why in Wrye Bash, some earlier mod's green indicator boxes turn to yellow. Sorry that probably sounds obvious, but I'm still...i was gonna say learning, but copying what others do. Right so i'll re look at the mod load order recommended and look at what I've got and see.

Thanks again

Usually I don't use Wrye Bash to install mods, but in the past I have done some installs using it. In WB you can change the install order by reordering the mods listed on the Installers tab (higher on the list get installed first). Note that there will always be overwrites shown with a Seamless install.

A good source of info on using WB is the two readmes that are found in the Mopy\Docs folder.

Working from memory I'd move the HGEC BAIN to right after Coronerras. Check back in the OCOv2 mod comments a year or two (maybe more) to find the last time I did an install order step by step for OCOv2 plus Seamless.

- Edit - If what you are trying to do is have a different body for your character than the body option you have selected for all other NPCs then you'll need to use Blockhead's PerNPC Override ability.

To see a step by step on how to do that find the posts I made on Dec 25th 2016 in response to a thread started by LordNoryam in the MaleBodyReplacerv52 mod comments (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40532?tab=posts&BH=6) ... currently back on page 13 of those comments.

The step by step is focused on the male Bodybuilder body for the player while all other male NPCs are the regular installed body but the same process is used for other bodies including female.

A resource for body options I frequently use is Set Body Reloaded Blockhead Edition (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45868). Download the Blockhead Edition Data download manually to a folder and extract to that same folder and you'll see all of the female and male body options it includes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Striker

Not had much time to try out all the suggestions you offered.

I have checked my load order and the HGEC BAIN package is right after coronerras skeleton as you advised.

I have also looked at you previous comments from 2016 relating to subpackages and the choices. Looking at the options I chose when I installed using WB wizard, I selected one option from every category. So - 00 Core, 05 hand mesh, 09 lowerbody option, 10 upperbody option. I've relooked at this and I can't see any obvious error I made.

I have read and download the advice about the Set Body reloaded Blockhead Edition. Because this is a manual install, I will back up my files. I have read the read me but I need to read again. Once I have made an attempt I will let you know how it goes.

I continue to appreciate your advice

My comment regarding the SetBody Reloaded wasn't aimed at having you install so much as for you to use as a source for body meshes to be used with Blockhead to give the player a unique body compared to all the other NPCs (say if you wanted your female character to be E cup but all other NPCs to be B cup).

So my question for you is ... are you looking for your character to be unique from the other NPCs?

Hi Striker

I am wanting my character to be unique from the NPCs. When I was installing the mods, after I installed the HGEC BAIN pack I tested the game and was able to change the body shape of the character. However once I had installed the Seamless install mod, despite selecting different body options, the character remained default.

Its not the end of the world, its not like it affects gameplay, I'm just curious how to make certain mods work. I'll see how I can use the Setbody Reloaded as a source like you advise when I have some time and I'll let you know of progress.

Thanks again

Really appreciate your offer to help. At the start I didn't have a specific preference, I just wanted to compare, but if you could show me a way to do it that would be great.

From the HGEC Bain options:

• Normal & Fighter Lower Body M
  • Normal Upper Body B Cup

Can I just say the I grew up in the era of ZX Spectrums and loading games on cassette tapes - Jeez I sound ancient saying that . How far gaming has come blows my mind and making the modest basic efforts at modding myself, has given me great admiration for the level of knowledge you computer gamer programmers have. If only I hadnt wasted my youth playing Chuckie Egg, Manic Miner or Daley Thompsons Decathlon (serious finger cramps with that one I remember) and took an interest in the basics of computing. :sad: