Space to planet Transition

PrometheusTS

Open cities worked.

Not sure it would even be possible to move the planet surface worldspace into the 'space' worldspace..... If it is possible though, Someone will do it. :D

I guess it will depend if the planetary maps are actually spherically mapped or flat maps , if are spherical , so with gravity etc then I guess its possible, if instead are just a flat map with a repetition transition from west to east then I guess it would require a reprojection etc, Still much more complicate and will depend if the engine will support high precision locating in 64 bit coordinates, which i fear might not be likely...

Basically a64 bit precision it allows for a lot more World space but also more precision within it. As you move further away from the 0,0,0 origin, the maths becomes less accurate, leading to precision problems and bugs of all sorts, if the Creation engine is not 64 bit precision then I fear that that could be the reason why we will never see open planets mod ... so the need is of 64-bit coordinates system.

Open cities worked.

Not sure it would even be possible to move the planet surface worldspace into the 'space' worldspace..... If it is possible though, Someone will do it. :D

I guess it will depend if the planetary maps are actually spherically mapped or flat maps , if are spherical , so with gravity etc then I guess its possible, if instead are just a flat map with a repetition transition from west to east then I guess it would require a reprojection etc, Still much more complicate and will depend if the engine will support high precision locating in 64 bit coordinates, which i fear might not be likely...

Basically a64 bit precision it allows for a lot more World space but also more precision within it. As you move further away from the 0,0,0 origin, the maths becomes less accurate, leading to precision problems and bugs of all sorts, if the Creation engine is not 64 bit precision then I fear that that could be the reason why we will never see open planets mod ... so the need is of 64-bit coordinates system.

Well, its a 64bit app.... how they handle such things though, is anyone's guess. I am still curious if they solved the issues from FO4, where the further you get from Cell 0,0, the flakier things become......

Open cities worked.

Well, its a 64bit app.... how they handle such things though, is anyone's guess. I am still curious if they solved the issues from FO4, where the further you get from Cell 0,0, the flakier things become......

most apps are 64 bit but it depends if the engine features 64 bit float precision coordinates system.

I believe space, and the planetary surface are separate worldspaces.... so, loading screen.

I don't think "Open Planets" mod is gonna work. :D

they might also use different mechanics in the first place.

Well apparently from a Chineese player a leak seems to describe the planetary exporation pretty limited and blocked behind invisible walls.

You basically choose a spot to land on planet, the spaceship lands there, the engine renders and creates procedurally the tile of the planet , you can walk around in that tile limited and if you go to border you get message you cannot go beyond or something like that, to explore further you need to go back to ship , space and choose another tile where to land...

This to me seems a bad new as apparently looks like the game engine is not able to support a full planet generation and seamless transitions from tile to tile, so basically there wouln't be not much point in having rovers, vehicles or have the ship fly around on the planet, thus making the possibility of an openspace open planet mod useless... Unless this limitation could be worked around somehow?

a Possible circumvent to this could be if for example the tiles are really huge, for example like Skyrim size, then vehicles could be still introduced and implemented a message that advices of autonomy fuel for the vehicle to be ending if going further ahead and that won't be possible to recover if going ahead , same for oxygen of the spacesuit, eventually would need to be refueled or refilled by a tool somehow .

So vehicles could still be a thing but only if those tiles are really huge.

Another speculation could be if Tiles are limited instead to manual edited areas, which could make sense, as beyond a certain boundary the detail and the precision of the edited surface might be lower.

finally possible could be modded in a preload of cells if someone walks moves on the planet toward a certain direction so to avoid the load screen of going back and forth from the space to planet or whatever the system is .

Edited by PrometheusTS