Quiver as freestanding item

PointsOfInterest

Hello,

This will be my first time posting although I have many times in the past lurked here for resources.

I'm usually pretty resourceful when it comes to finding instructions for simple mods but this one is having my scratch my head.

I am trying to make a quiver as a freestanding item, for example in the place of the necklace-slot, so that I can have the quiver on without having the arrows equipped.

I figure this will make more sense if i explain the reason;

I am fippling around with the mod Throwing weapons redux and I don't like it when the quiver goes away when I unequip the throwing-knives I'm using, I'd much rather that the quiver stayed there being my "knife-holder" of sorts. Problem is that the knives are both the weapons and the ammo.

Also I wan't to be able to put an enchantment on the quiver which is why I can't use a provisionary soultion and just change the mesh of a quiver and put an arrow in it.

The quiestions I'm asking:

- What do I need to do to implement the model of the quiver into another item such as the necklace or any of the sort. (I already have the .nif in place, just need to know where to put it)

- How do I make sure the quiver is in the right place on the characters body?

Exactly.

Also do not forget to include the "NiStringExtraData" block near the beginning of the model in nifskope. Set the first string to "Prn" (I'm guessing it stands for Position/Rotation Node) then set the second string to "QUIVER"

The game engine reads the NiStringExtraData block for details about placement and this will ensure it's attached to the Quiver bone regardless of the skeleton people are using.