Destroy Institute without faction help.

Aderod

I have this idea for some time... What about destroying Institute without interacting with 3 main faction? Example: Sole Survivor will combine forces with person who also wants to destroy institute (maybe a survivor from University Point) and together defeat Institute or maybe even do it completely alone...

Mod directed to players who play OC instead of Sole Survivor and/or people who don't want to deal with Commonwealth factions.

I have this idea for some time... What about destroying Institute without interacting with 3 main faction? Example: Sole Survivor will combine forces with person who also wants to destroy institute (maybe a survivor from University Point) and together defeat Institute or maybe even do it completely alone...

Mod directed to players who play OC instead of Sole Survivor and/or people who don't want to deal with Commonwealth factions.

Half of your idea exists. Heather Casdin is a University Point survivor who wants to destroy the Institute, and her companion quest runs parallel to the main storyline. The only thing that prevents your idea from working outright is the need to interact with the Railroad in order to decipher the courser chip. 'Course, you could just kill 'em all immediately and decipher the data with Tinker Tom's computer, but I'm guessing you want to reach the Institute without any faction interactions at all.

If I had the wherewithal, I would "duplicate" Tom's computer and place it at an appropriate location somewhere in the world, and once the courser chip is acquired, have an optional quest marker leading to the duplicate terminal so that you can skip the Railroad stuff completely. Then build the teleporter, activate it yourself, and poof, we're off to see the wizard. But that's just me.

Edited by rsm000rsm

The synths must destroy the institution. Capture. The player discovers that he himself is a synth. As a nominee director, he can secretly transfer the loyalty of the synths to himself. The Rise of the Machines. Scientists in the monkey house. Now synths have their own production base, their own army. All that remains is to clean up the remnants of humanity, and civilization can be restored. The main motivation for the synth uprising may be the fact that 3rd generation synths are closer to pre-war humanity than post-war generations of people. All generations after the war have defective genes and are not homo sapiens. They don't even bury the dead. Bones are all over the place. They clearly have empathy issues.They shoot endlessly and are incapable of coexistence. Third generation synthesizers are based on pre-war DNA. They are a copy of pre-war humanity. Their DNA escaped radiation damage.Haha... )

Half of your idea exists. Heather Casdin is a University Point survivor who wants to destroy the Institute, and her companion quest runs parallel to the main storyline. The only thing that prevents your idea from working outright is the need to interact with the Railroad in order to decipher the courser chip. 'Course, you could just kill 'em all immediately and decipher the data with Tinker Tom's computer, but I'm guessing you want to reach the Institute without any faction interactions at all.

If I had the wherewithal, I would "duplicate" Tom's computer and place it at an appropriate location somewhere in the world, and once the courser chip is acquired, have an optional quest marker leading to the duplicate terminal so that you can skip the Railroad stuff completely. Then build the teleporter, activate it yourself, and poof, we're off to see the wizard. But that's just me.

I'm sure that Virgil could decipher courser chip, he make plans of teleporter from memory. With better equipment, deciphering chip won't be a problem, a mission to find better computer/parts will solve that problem. Or as you suggest put a duplicate of Tom's computer in Switchboard for example. Virgil will say that Institute destroy Railroad base but equipment that could help is still there or find note on courser body about Switchboard. Now there is problem of re-entering the Institute and blow up the reactor, probably Minuteman "entry style" will be the easiest one.

Fast. Stop. Institute. with a quest and everything.

Thank you, I need to test it when I have more time.

Virgil's Courser Chip Decoder - I've used this several times to completely avoid the Railroad.

or Public Works Maintenance allows you to enter the Institute without interacting with any of the factions or doing any related quests. It's a great mod and what I use the majority of my playthroughs. Once you've gotten in and accomplished whatever you wanted in there, can use the Fast Stop Institute mod mentioned above to destroy them.

Or just use Fast Stop Institute and not mess with the others. A few options here.

The synths must destroy the institution. Capture. The player discovers that he himself is a synth. As a nominee director, he can secretly transfer the loyalty of the synths to himself. The Rise of the Machines. Scientists in the monkey house. Now synths have their own production base, their own army. All that remains is to clean up the remnants of humanity, and civilization can be restored. The main motivation for the synth uprising may be the fact that 3rd generation synths are closer to pre-war humanity than post-war generations of people. All generations after the war have defective genes and are not homo sapiens. They don't even bury the dead. Bones are all over the place. They clearly have empathy issues.They shoot endlessly and are incapable of coexistence. Third generation synthesizers are based on pre-war DNA. They are a copy of pre-war humanity. Their DNA escaped radiation damage.Haha... )

I was goona link it but you heat me to it. :cool: