⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

SecureROM emulation error?

Xenobuzz

I wonder if the OP ever found a solution. It's kinda puzzling to me since I have Daemon Tools running AND never had to have the disc (virtual or physical ;)) in drive to play.

i know , i have Alcohol 120% to back up files and videos to dvds as its very fast and never has it messed around with fallout 3 for me, i guess people who have a hacked copy ....... are having all the trouble....... just GO buy the game!!!!!

Actually, I had a pirate copy before I went out and bought it. ;) My legit copy never complained about the disc (or dtools) even after doing a clean install.

(and with copy protection schemes getting so invasive (StarForce, etc) sometimes, the cracked version is safer (StarForce again) and more stable.)

Edit:

Come to think of it if one tried to apply a legit patch to a cracked Fallout, it might make bad things happen. Also, if one tried to apply a cracked patch to a legit Fallout, strange things might happen then too -- though I donno why anyone would do that, totally illogical.

OP however stated he "bought the game and the expansion dvd" and later that his dad emailed him, which indicates he lives some distance from his dad. Maybe in the same town, maybe not, meaning he shipped it. Mailing it's a lot easier than uploading a couple isos, so I don't think he has a cracked copy of anything. :P And since he got the DLC with it, no reason for the cracked patch either. Thus, I doubt that piracy of any sort is causing the OP's trouble.

OP never did say whether he downloaded the latest patch (which may or may not have been needed).