Steam is annoying! Any way around it?

GodKingVivec

I really hope Bethesda gets the idea and never works with steam in the future. let the internet, stay on the internet, i say.

Unfortunately, I asked about that and Bethesda made it very clear that Steam have them over a barrel and they're going nowhere :sad:

Damn them... :wallbash:

Steam is a complete menace... Steaming pile of s#*!. If something forces stupid updates on you and forces you to be online to play offline games then it can go f**k itself. All I'm trying to do here is go in and change my mod list and load order real quick and it won't let me cuz Steam tells me I have I to upload my save files to the damn Steam cloud... I've got my files right here damnit, I don't need your freaking cloud! Terrible when you have an unreliable internet.

You can switch the cloud off, though. I don't know if you can do it for single player games and not multi-player, though.

And you don't have to be on-line with Steam. I am on-line now, but Steam is in off-line mode.

You can switch the cloud off, though. I don't know if you can do it for single player games and not multi-player, though.

And you don't have to be on-line with Steam. I am on-line now, but Steam is in off-line mode.

Steam does get upset though if you don't have an active internet connection AND, even if you have it offline, it will sometimes connect and update anyway and blocking the damn thing will cause you to not be able to play >:(

Unfortunately, I asked about that and Bethesda made it very clear that Steam have them over a barrel and they're going nowhere :sad:

What do you mean by this?

I mean that Bethesda informed me that they will not be releasing anything in the foreseeable future without Steam. Steam are the dominant partner in the relationship too.