ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Steam is annoying! Any way around it?

GodKingVivec

It wasnt so bad at first because it had offline mode, but now offline mode doesnt last for more than a week before signing itself out! I cant even play Skyrim or use the creation kit! Its so inconvenient! I dont have internet at home so i really hate this. Is there anyway around this bs? or at least a way to keep it from signing out and keeping offline mode on? I wish theyd go back to the old way... steam should stay with online games and mods and leave normal pc games alone.

Also, make sure you exit Steam before you close the computer down. Otherwise, it sometimes causes the settings to be forgotten.

But how can you go into off-line mode if you do not have Internet at home? Or even install Steam and the game?

If you play on two machines, you have to have Steam in on-line mode to be able to play the same saves on two machines.

Maybe that's why it's logging you out?

~.~

There's no way around it. I never experienced the issues with offline mode at all either. This may be a redundant question, but you have it set to remember your credentials, yes?

Well there damn well SHOULD be a way round it! If you have a legitimate copy of ANY game,there should a least be an option to play the damn thing without internet access!!

...and the 'offline' mode is a bloody joke.....

Remember, GoodKingVivec, you need to have internet access before you can use the 'offline' mode :laugh:

I hate these obstacles that companies are putting more and more as time passes...

Pirates end up having less troubles to play the game than us who paid for it.

Do you guys remember that in 2011 we could open skyrim directly at the .exe without needing to log on steam? Those were the days...

But then, they updated the game, and now we can only start the game through steam.

I don't like the hour counter... I don't like the processing/memory usage steam brings... and I don't like the fact that sometimes it takes a while to log on and start the game. I wish steam would allow me to use it only as a means to install the game... then just left me alone to play.

I hope one day they will stop making anti-piracy methods that completely destroy convenience for the fair-user. After all, it seems to me that people will always find a way to pirate the game.... but the people that spent money on the original one will have to live with the annoying procedures of anti-piracy.

You must launch Steam before using the SKSE launcher because Steam must be running to play a legal copy of the game.

If you just use the SKSE launcher, Steam will start anyway, because it must, but them the Vanilla launcher splash panel will load and re-write your load order in plugins.txt etc. It is exceptionally irritating.

So, launch Steam, restart in off-line mode, disconnect from the web and THEN use the SKSE launcher.

I have always used off-line mode for Steam as I want nothing to do with it. Skyrim is the only Steam game I have. Just remember to launch Steam in off-line mode first and then use the SKSE launcher.

But this thread really belongs in the Bethesda feedback forum and the Steam suggestions forum. Nothing can be achieved here, except to vent your frustration.

And maybe get some tips about off-line mode and SKSE. ;)

~.~

You must launch Steam before using the SKSE launcher because Steam must be running to play a legal copy of the game.

If you just use the SKSE launcher, Steam will start anyway, because it must, but them the Vanilla launcher splash panel will load and re-write your load order in plugins.txt etc. It is exceptionally irritating.

So, launch Steam, restart in off-line mode, disconnect from the web and THEN use the SKSE launcher.

I have always used off-line mode for Steam as I want nothing to do with it. Skyrim is the only Steam game I have. Just remember to launch Steam in off-line mode first and then use the SKSE launcher.

But this thread really belongs in the Bethesda feedback forum and the Steam suggestions forum. Nothing can be achieved here, except to vent your frustration.

And maybe get some tips about off-line mode and SKSE. :wink:

~.~

This.

As for me, I've actually started using Steam online again. For some reason now, it's not being mean with me *knocks on wood*, so I've been screencapping and shoving it on mah cloud. That way I can have MORE space for MORE MAWDZ!

My name's Pheo, and I'm a modaholic.

And maybe get some tips about off-line mode and SKSE. :wink:

~.~

I agree with your statements about Steam; I wouldn't put up with it for anything other than Skyrim. That said, I launch with SKSE, set Steam to offline, get the regular launch screen and exit. I then relaunch with SKSE and Skyrim starts right away. It's a small pain, but I don't disconnect from the internet and I've never had my load order changed. Am I misunderstanding?