Infinite Captain’s Locker

lordb1

After much swearing at the absurdity of low cargo space and management, I gave up and gave myself 99000 carry weight.

I can pretend that the bulk of the stuff is in one of my outposts and a team of minions and some portals shuffles stuff around.

Having a ability for separate containers to link to a hidden base container would be nice for later.

Fallout 4 was able to have that without needing script extender

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20936

once xedit or something is capable of dealing with starfield similiar could be done.

even such things like the autosorted ingredient containers for skyrim.

• 1 month later...

After fighting with my ship's inventory for far to long last night i've come the conclusion that one must have mod is to make the ship storage box "Captain's Locker" infinite.

After looking into things in xEdit, it seems the only "Captain's Locker" that can be edited through it at this time is the one in the Starborn Guardian ships. I'll test if that edit changes the other "Captain Lockers" in other ships. If it does, I'll release the mod.

EDIT: Changing the Starborn Guardian locker does NOT affect the other ones, but I know which container it is and just have to wait for xEdit to be updated or the CK to be released. I am however going to release what I have after I create some with a few more options, right now I only have it set to 4000 Mass, but I figure I'll give 2x, 5x, 10x, 100x and infinite options when I release the mod. I'll also give the other captain lockers the same treatment as soon as it's possible.

I'm also testing to see if they can be shielded and I'll add that option in there too if it works.

Edit 2: It seems that the Captain's Locker cannot be shielded.

Does that ONLY affect the Starborn ships??

Something to bear in mind on other ships though, anything in the captains locker falls into the void if you change ships, or modify it.

Right now it only affects the Starborn ships, but that's because the other lockers have reflection data that xEdit can't modify. And I plan on looking into fixing the items falling into the void once the tools get updated or CK gets released.