ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Broken Steel problem, please help

I just installed Broken Steel. it appears as though Fallout 3 and Broken Steel have merged, but don't work correctly.

I got the message about Broken Steel being active and the level cap being raised.

at the end of the game, I have the option to tell Lyons I'm going to ask Fawkes to activate Project Purity. when I ask Fawkes, he gives his old dialogue about my fate being in there and declines. when I then decide to go in myself, I can ask Fawkes to do it and he gives me his Broken Steel dialogue, and it looks like he's going to do it. but then Sarah Lyons runs in. the ending video plays, and the game crashes/the credits roll and it just goes back to the title screen.

the last thing with the crash happens regardless of what I do. either it just ends, or it crashes to the desktop.

help, anyone?

I just installed 1.6 because it didn't work before I posted this.

this is really annoying, yesterday I got The Pitt, the day before that Operation Anchorage and I already had to reinstall the game for OA to work.

before that I had 1.0.0.15 and the fake patch.

update: it actually doesn't work.

the outside of Jefferson Memorial hasn't changed, there's no clean water, only interiors have changed etc.

Paladin Tristan doesn't exist, there's just a quest arrow pointing into the Citadel, but when I go there, nothing's there.