Coursers (spoilers)

363rdChemicalCompany

39 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

I'm so tempted to explain it, but it would require terrible spoilers. FYI, however, the headshaving is optional and controlled in MCM. And I always remove the tattoos, personally. There's one tattoo I always keep on my character every playthrough, and it's not inspired by any Fallout 4 mod. It's inspired by a series of books by Lawrence Block (one of my favorite authors for whom I listen to every audiobook I can find by him). In many ways Lawrence Block and JB. have a lot in common. They both write their characters, no matter how broken, beautifully.

p.s. if you ever watched any of my films from the Supporter section, you'll see she always has that tattoo on her neck. That's inspired by one of my favorite Lawrence Block characters.

I'll be sure to check it out 🙂

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, ImmortalAbsol said:

Does anyone know of a video covering the speech checks and the 'good' Institute policies mentioned in this thread?

I found this on YouTube just now. But basically, in the Institute main questline there are several instances where you meet pompously hostile scientists. You need to talk them down non-violently every time you can. If you talk down all the hostile scientists, you can get the good ending at the completion of the institute quest line.

The above is the one I mentioned earlier (plus you need to talk the scientist out of the basement after you talk to the guy shown in this video). Doing this gets this scientist on your side at the end of the main quest.

There's also another scientist in the institute itself who gets hostile with you, and you need to not kill him. You need to get everyone on your side 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ImmortalAbsol said:

I found a video of this quest before asking here but it also didn't show after Wallace or the aftermath.

*Nods* I also couldn't find one. I suspect it's that most people don't side with the Institute so don't even know that ending exists. It's a shame, but perhaps it's also a generational thing.

For instance, I grew up reading books like "Mirror Friend Mirror Foe" by George Takei (yes, the Star Trek actor) where the main character's best friend is an intelligent robot 🙂 I also love books like the Culture Series by Iain M. Banks where super intelligent AI persons are both integrated and beneficial to societies as whole.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this.

"Open the pod bay doors HAL"

"I'm sorry DAVE, I'm afraid I can't do that"...

-----  circa 1968

Didn't the Institute even get to watch that movie in the Fallout universe?    LOL.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 5:37 PM, fraquar said:

I'm sorry DAVE, I'm afraid I can't do that

*Laughs* I've used that line many hundreds of times in real life, no less to an actual Dave, haha. For many years I was a software developer in a small company with a coworker called Dave, and I can't tell you how many times I told him that just as a joke, haha. Every chance I got 🙂

On a serious note, though, HAL may have been ruthless and merciless, but he was still a fantastic character and frankly in the ethical right.