Can't crouch/uncrouch

Improvman

*FIXED* If anyone is interested one of the below mentioned ones did work, but I forgot to set the button back to ctrl.

I was playing as a dagi-rhat when I found I couldn't uncrouch and the stealth icon wasn't there.

I then tryed quicksaving and loading back in from the desktop. I then changed the crouch key to mouse3 to see if the ctrl key was dead. When that didn't work I tried going to a previous save, but the issue followed me there. I did a search for other people having the problem and the solution that came up was to sit on a chair. So I found a chair and sat, then I found an indoor chair to see if that had been the problem, after that I found a bench. After stool failed I tryed it again in third person. Other posts stated that they had been fixed by waiting so repeated their actions, again no change. Then I read that iteractables would fix it so i tried:

• Cooking Pot
  • Enchanting Table
  • Alchemy Table
  • Tanning Rack
  • Grindstone
  • Workbench
  • Woodchopping
  • Standing Stone
  • Ferry Seat
  • Horse
  • Smelter
  • Forge
  • Ore Node
  • Stone Node

After that I tried turning off all mods and starting a new game.

Figuring that the files must be corrupt I then unistalled all mods and the game and tried a fresh install.

My last attempt was to systematically reinstall every mod to see if they had been installed in the wrong order.

Kinnda out of ideas, so I'm open to any sugestions at this point. (except buy a new computer)

Edited by Improvman

• 3 years later...