A bit of bad news for Aliens fans. :(

Michlo

http://kotaku.com/5303155/its-officially-g...-for-aliens-rpg

It's Officially Game Over, Man For Aliens RPG

By Michael McWhertor, 5:20 PM on Fri Jun 26 2009, 5,105 views (Edit post, Set to draft, Slurp) Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel http://cache-foo.kotaku.com/gawker/assets/base.v8/img/progressIndicator_roller.gif select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/06/aliens_rpg_rip.jpgThe rumors were true. Sega's Aliens role-playing game, previously in development at Obsidian Entertainment, is as dead as games can get. The title's developer and publisher both confirmed today that development on Aliens RPG has ceased.

A posting on the Obsidian forums from a forum administrator, picked up by Giant Bomb, attempts to clear the air by noting "it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development." In case there was any confusion about that, the post ends saying that Aliens RPG is "no longer a product that is in development."

Sega also confirmed in a statement that the title is kaput. "At this point, SEGA has no plans to move forward with the Aliens RPG," says official word.

The role-playing game from the dev team responsible for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II and the forthcoming Alpha Protocol was announced in December of 2006, but was never shown publicly.

Sega still has plenty of Aliens licensed game coming down the pipe, with Aliens Vs. Predator and Aliens: Colonial Marines shooting for every platform that can handle 'em.

Sad news indeed. Every new alien game is worth a try at least for me and hearing that they gived up makes me sad. Thanks for the news bro!

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Shouldn't that be Aliens vs Predator 3, or at least a somewhat different title? There have already been a couple of AvP games for PC. (AvP2 was actually fairly nice..)

Shouldn't that be Aliens vs Predator 3, or at least a somewhat different title? There have already been a couple of AvP games for PC. (AvP2 was actually fairly nice..)

Did you read the article, Neko? AvP 3 is still coming (thankfully, as I loved AvP2 and was very disappointed that it was the one game I couldn't get to work on my Vista 64). This was for the Aliens RPG.

Cheers.

Was referring to the last line in your post

Sega still has plenty of Aliens licensed game coming down the pipe, with Aliens Vs. Predator and Aliens: Colonial Marines shooting for every platform that can handle 'em.

I used to love sneakin around as a pred, slicing and dicing those squishy oomans.

Was referring to the last line in your post

I used to love sneakin around as a pred, slicing and dicing those squishy oomans.

Likewise, I think the Predator was everyone's favourite because of all the technology and flexibility. Being an alien was interesting but not quite as much fun. heh.

I'm looking forward to the third one as I'm sure this will work on my Vista x64 / 7 x64.

Cheers.

Really? It's ceased?! Awww maan! I have actually following this games development, and i was looking forward to a BETA or a demo... Hopefully, in the future, they'll re-think this and start again...

Aw, really? That's a shame... Although I can't say I'm surprised. I'm not really sure how an Alien RPG would work anyway... It's certainly mroe suited to an action game.

I just hope the AvP game doesn't become too much like the movies. I loved the games... But the moveis were pretty crap...