Ship part modding question

PaulMcGann

So... is it possible to change models or stats of ship parts? I mean... has anyone else noticed how much cooler the A and B class engines look than the clunky C's? The engine with the best maneuvering, thrust, and power ratios in the game I've seen so far (level 60 Poseidons) are basically giant cubes. Snore. How much cooler would it be to replace those with the awesome diagonal class A's, you know?

If someone can point me in the right direction here, that would be awesome.

You'll have to wait until CK2 is released (next year), we cant do/mod anything of that sort at the moment.

Not true. We can sort of do the model bits now we've got a semi-working version of NifSkope and the .mesh plugin for blender.

Once xEdit is updated from view only to actual edit, we should then be able to change the values of the ship modules.

You'll have to wait until CK2 is released (next year), we cant do/mod anything of that sort at the moment.

Not true. We can sort of do the model bits now we've got a semi-working version of NifSkope and the .mesh plugin for blender.

Once xEdit is updated from view only to actual edit, we should then be able to change the values of the ship modules.

Is there a plugin for 3DSMax 2013 yet??

• 4 weeks later...

I made a mod for something like that https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/6335?tab=description

I made copies of all the engines and turned them into structural elements. They don't have any engine stats or use up any power. So put whatever stat engines on your ship and then decorate your ship with whatever engines you like.

It's pretty easy to override ship engines stats with xEdit. I could do it or explain how to do it if you want.

It's very easy to replace one engine model with another, but not create a brand new model from scratch as far as I know. Also, very easy to change the thrust and maneuverability of the engines.