Zippy Zip-A-Long

Maharg67

Thank you greatly, Herculine and Fifoo! I would love to use your names for character in my fanfic that you create so far as I can fit them into my story.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/rep_Tardis_500-1-1-1.jpg

-13-

THE ADVENTURES OF TIMESAGE COSMOS AND COMPANY

RETURN OF THE DINOSAURS #7

The big front doors were easy enough to open but they only opened one and went through it with great care. On the other side was a great big entrance chamber that looked surprisingly like the lobby of a hotel, complete with a big wooden counter. It could also have been to a museum thanks to the various glass and wooden display-cased exhibits, great big potplants and many framed posters and paintings. All were of nature, of ancient civilizations and of those who sought to find and understand both.

One main exhibition are was of the finding of the lost city of Atlantis that was found beneath the waves in the Mediterranean Sea. It had taken cleverly designed diving-bells to get down that far and the site was so far only lightly explored.

Another main exhibition was the discovery of the Underworld by two men and a woman who had entered a cave in Iceland and had found a great, hiddeen prehistoric world; they and following exhibitions had only explored a tiny part of that Underworld for it was hard to get to and from it along with being very dangerous.

Professor Cronos seemed to look at the exhibitions only casually but this was not the truth. He took in very much and the idea was soon forming in his mind that the dinosaur peoples, the Underworld and the lost city of Atlantis were very much linked in some way.

But then he noted the exhibition on the MalavaOnes, the ancien gods, along with related monsters and their followers of what was often known as Cthulhunza. Where such creatures real on that world? Had they managed to invade that world and create successful colonies there. He noted a figure of a DeepOne and another of Cthulhu the god, both ugly and somehow disturbing in a way that had nothing to do with the appearance.

Brigadiar Stuart spoke. "Professor Greening used to hold seminars here. People could stay here for a fee that was relative to their income or, under certain circumstances, for free. I attended two of the seminars to go to lectures on advances in military technologies. I tried other lectures but they tended to go over my head or to be of no interest to me at all. People used to scoff more at the professor until both Atlantis and the Underworld were discovered, just as he had predicted they would be."

Professor Cosmos shook his head just a little. "Most strange, most strange. Neither Antlantis or the Underworld should exist on or inside this world. I really do need to speak to this Professor Greening as soon as we can find him."

Suddenly a great ugly human figure came rushing into the big chamber through open double doors. He stood there, panting and sweating, grinning at the two men. Then he spoke in a roaring, rumbling voice. "Mister Hyde is my name, gentleman. That is you who smell like a typical dandy of an officer and you, you other, you who do not smell of anything I have known. Brigadier Stuart I have met before. A heroic and noble figure but rigid in his thinking and morality. I do not wish to crush you or to even try. Professor Greening is in trouble. The fool woke up the dinosaur people and now they want him dead for some reason. Professor Greening's thugs are around but also the dinosaur things. We need to work together."

Stuart looked unhappy at the idea, and nervous, but the TimeSage was very calm as he spoke. "Agreed then but, for your sake Mr Hyde, do not break the agreement."

Mr Hyde grinned some more. "Follow me to the kitchens. I was busy having a snack when I smelt and heard you but I want to finish it. Doctor Jeckle eats like a little birdy, pecking away all day, but Mr Hyde eats big, hearty snacks and bigger meals." Then he farted loudly and with much awful smell.

The British Officer looked disgusted but Professor Cosmos only sighed patiently as if dealing with a hugely overgrown wild child, which he was.

-CONTINUED-

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you greatly, Herculine and Fifoo! I would love to use your names for character in my fanfic that you create so far as I can fit them into my story.

I would love to see a character named Herculine in one one of your stories and am honored that you've considered it!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/immortal1-1-1-1.jpg

-1-

THE ADVENTURES OF HELENE

ESCAPING FROM THE MINISTRY OF ORDER, DEPARTMNET OF DISCIPLINE

Eastwards of the super-continent of Tamriel lay the very large triple island nation of Giaga that was a land of true magefolk born with intrinsic magic abilities. Magic had shaped them and they had shaped magic so now there were more than just the standard humans. There were also the flierfolk, the earthfolk, the gillfolk and yet others, not all of whom were gladly spoken of. Nocturnal humans, known as nightfolk, lived reverse of others.

Helene had good reason to reflect on the last fact as she carefully moved along a wide ledge in the darkness. The pocket-robe went down to her knees but she also had durable, fairly comfortable longpants, a pouch dotted belt and a hookshirt with small bronze hooks. Her hair was reddish brown with odd streaks of more reddish colour. She was quite attractive, rather 'cute' and with large, warm eyes. She had used her looks to her advantage more than once, she had been forced to.

All magefolk could see in the dark in a greyish fashion but nightfolk could do so with greater depth and clarity than others. Cold breeze blew against the young, slimly muscular woman as she attempted her escape from the Ministry of Order, Department of Discipline. Her crime had been to take a bruised apple from a pile of such fruit beside a fruit-seller's stall. She had been hungry through no fault of her own. Her parents had been blacklisted, exiled, and so she was also dealt harshly with just for being their daughter. Her parents crime had been to openly point out the obvious inequalities, corruption and oppressiveness of the Mageadom realm and the Mageror, the autocratic leader of the people.

She froze into stillness and wrapped herself automatically in a passive cloaking spell that in theory was far beyond her ability to do. Three big levels below her, in a wide laneway, marched two lightly body-armoured Orderkeepers with shortswords, dartler guns and mage-quarterstaffs that could be used as magical devices or simply as striking weapons. Orderkeepers were often brutes, often corrupted but, for reasons she did not know, nightfolk Orderkeepers tended to be better than most others. Still, she could not risk it for they would still do their duty and they would take her to the nearest Orderkeep where she would soon be under lock and key again.

Thunder exploded overhead. Warm rain began to pelt down lightly. At least it was warm. The town was a port close to the sea and she could hear the waves crashing lightly on rocks. The twin lighthouses of Port Wiselore were both shining beams of light as they rotated slowly, being driven by expensive, hard to make magic-motors. The small ships and large boats at the harbour jetties were well secured and the smaller boats were taken up out of the waters. Orderguards of the Orderguardia, the army, patrolled the harbour and the other walled boundaries of the crowded metropolis. Outside was thick jungle wilderness that was not truly controlled by the Mageadom despite all of its efforts. Out there dwelt the wildfolk.

Would she dare try to join the wildfolk despite all of the terrible stories that she had heard of them?

The warm caring voice of Seerisha spoke in her mind. "One step at a time, Helene, one step at a time."

Yes, that was good advise and she had to rescue the little ones and free the triplets. Then she saw their barred window ahead of them with only a small amount of yellowish lamplight escaping from a gap in the curtains. It was a prearranged signal that they were ready to be freed. The triplets were tricky and they had somehow obtained a handlamp, some oil and some other items though she had no idea how they had done this.

It was at that very moment that the flash and noise of an explosion came from the direction of the harbour and soon after that alarms began to clang away loudly in the night. The eastern facing harbour town was under attack by some unknown force or at least it was unknown to Helene.

-CONTINUED-

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/immortal1-1-1-1.jpg

-2-

THE ADVENTURES OF HELENE

ESCAPING FROM THE MINISTRY OF ORDER, DEPARTMNET OF DISCIPLINE

They opened the window and squeezed out the gap made by the removed bar the triplets had loosened. Then Helene took the muscular chubby neobaby along with the small one's pouch, slipped them and as the small one slept. The triplets came out one by one, two teenage males and one female, tough and able. Then came a slightly chubby young man with glasses, a skinny girl with thicker glasses, pigtails and a pet rat along with a rat-boy, part rat and part human. Helene did not desire to have the others come with them but neither would she have them left behind in that monstrous place.

Further along the ledge, just a little, they dropped onto the sturdy roof of an extension to the ground floor, being the horrible laundries were the inmates were worked hard to make a profit for the government under the pretense of training. They darted over the roof and then went down a work ladder left there by a worker that the female triplet had bribed in a fashion that Helene did not wish to know the details of.

The noise of another explosion came from the harbour. Overhead passed a gunskyboat, a sleek lightly armoured but fairly heavily armed vessel of the Orderguardia. Clearly the crew had no interest in anything but what was happening in the harbour. There was a big Orderguardsman garrison in the town for it was important to the Mageadom and to the Magealors who ruled the Mageadom. The Mageadom had a fair sized fleet of skyboats and small skyships surviving from the Grand Exodus but mostly they had more basic and easier to maintain floatacraft. Helene watched the skyboat flitter away and, yet again, wished she owned one. Then she would escape from the evil oppression of the Mageadom and to one of the other islands, to the Queendom or the Republic.

They ran through the light, warm rain and across wet, short, dark green grass. The tree was there and so was the cat and her kittens, waiting patiently for Helene to rescue them. Helene had a gift of animal empathy and this mother cat understood too well she could depend on it. So when they went through the loose boards in the otherwise tall, sturdy wooden fence, they took her and her three kittens with them.

As they made their way along a neglected, old furniture and trash dotted laneway bordered by tall wooden or metal fences in turn, they heard the muffled sounds of fighting coming from the harbour and, smartly enough, they began to become frightened. As they came to the end of the street they watched a squad of volunteer guards, militiamen, go racing past in basic body-armour and with repeater-crossbows or bows or musket-rifles. All had longswords, shortswords, longknives and knives. There was a mixture of men, women and nulls. While most were human, some were beastumans like the part rat boy in the group of escapees.

Seerisha: "I will open a telegate to take you into the basement of the Startower of Principles but I can only hold it open for a short while so you must be quick."

Helene often wondered who or even what Seerisha was and why she did what she did, when she did but since Seerisha never answered such questions, she had given up trying. With a sparkling shimmer a gateway did open in the air. Helene did not need to push the triplets through. The cats went with them as did the sleeping neobaby, of course. As for the others, she did push them through mainly with her words. Then they were through into that other place, that ancient metallic stone chamber of dim light and great, solid features.

-CONTINUED-

Edited by Maharg67

-3-

THE ADVENTURES OF HELENE

IN THE STARTOWER OF PRINCIPLES

The huge wheel shaped chamber had a big central cylinder of metallic stone in its centre and was lit from big metallic glass windows evenly spaced around its outer wall. Helene made her way past stacks of metallic wooden cube-boxes and to a particular window that gave her a view of the fortified town that they had just got away from. The great tower arose on top of a small mountain westwards of the port and she had a dim view of it. The flashes of light in the harbour were quite distinctive and of deep concern. Of the splintered triple island nation of Giaga, the Mageadom was easily the most powerful of the three splinter nations. The Queedom and Republic together were weaker in military strength though the Queendom had more refined and learned magic while the Republic had better engineering and mechanics. So she had doubt that either the Queen or the President would dare attack Port Wiselore.

The twin lighthouses, named the Imperial Torches of Karrivastia, named after the first-last Emperor of Giaga, were still shining beams but now they were being aimed at what looked to be a monstrous metallic vessel floating in the ocean. It was big, ugly and unwieldy. It was dotted with monstrous creatures and humanoids in strange armour. Then she saw a great big banner, a distant glimpse of its colours and symbols, and she scowled.

Mehrunes Dagon of the Daedric Gods. The creatures on the huge but clumsy built vessel were clearly daedra such as scamps, scards, dremora, clannfears and such like. It was Mehrunes Dagon and his hordes that had destroyed the island paradise of Goldensaria that their magefolk ancestors had come from in the Great Exodus. Was Mehrunes Dagon attacking in revenge for what had happened to him and to many of his twisted followers there? Before they had fled with what ever they could take with them, the Goldensarians had unleashed a deadly magical weapon upon the invaders. A vast force of summoned elemental monsters had struck the daedra, wiping out over a hundred thousand of them, and hurting Mehrunes Dagon himself very badly. The Great Exodus had sent nine colonising groups to different destinations; only one had come to the triple islands that had become the Imperial Nation of Giaga.

She stepped back to let the others take a look at what was going on and looked around at the stacks of tightly sealed cube-boxes, big ornate metallic wooden chests and other objects. The triplets were already exploring. The mother cat was on top of a metallic wooden piano feeding her three kittens. Of course Yillie was slumbering in a pouch at Helene's chest. Helene gently rubbed her small back. The twins were Sam, Sal and Saz, Saz being the female. They were surprisingly identical to each other, even the female, though she was clearly becoming a woman.

Saz picked up a big metallic leather book with some small effort. She spoke in the common tongue of the magefolk. "This must be the Startower of Principles. Supposedly nobody can get inside here since the Mad Emperor sealed up even as he died. Sealed this up and other places that he created with the use of the Magaezines. I betty there is plenty good loot here. We could sell some of it, the small stuff, for a fortune and set ourselves up for life."

Helene sighed softly. "Saz, not even the greediest criminal and most corrupt official in the Mageadom would be foolish enough to buy anything from you that came from here. They would hand you over to the Mageators as quickly as they could. The books have in them ancient lore, ancient spells, ancient blueprints of magical-steam and other mechanisms. They carry in them the secret histories, the grand official histories, the darkest of secrets and other things you would not wish to learn of."

Saz snorted as if unimpressed but she put the book down again, on top of the stack of such almost indistructable books it had been on top of. Having disturbed some of the light layer of dust, she then sneezed, wiped her nose with the sleeve of her shirt, causing Helene to grimace lightly, and then spoke again. "How did you get us here?"

The slightly chubby boy with thick metallic rimmed glasses then spoke. "That is what I would like to know. I am Hadra Hooms. That was amazing magic! I used to be an apprentice of the Mageadom Academy itself, with big prospects to becoming even a Majoprime Wizard. Then I questioned the morality of the horrific experiments that the Academy carried out on humans and animals. Not much of a question but a question spoken out in front of the wrong ears. Just like that I was evicted from the Acedemy but only after my magic was locked." He grimaced in pain. "Yes, to have one's magic locked into one self is not fun at all."

Helene smiled at Hadra. "My story was like yours except that I was thrown out because my parents were exiled to the Island of Mist. We will talk of it later. For now we need to gain what useful resources that we can."

Seerisha: "Please allow me to assist you, Helene!"

-CONTINUED-

Edited by Maharg67

You are welcome, Herculine. I will be adding more to 'your' adventures soon.

-4-

THE ADVENTURES OF HELENE

IN THE STARTOWER OF PRINCIPLES

Helene found, with the help of Seerisha, a tight sealed lidbox that when she opened, proved to be full of sealed foodcubes, watercubes and other survival items. She passed around to each person two foodcubes, they were concentrated nutrition, except for one to the neobaby and one to the mother cat. Watercubes were passed around in the same way. For now other items staid in the opened cubebox.

The preserved body of what looked like a silver skinned and haired human in simple silver metallic gear, was found fairly early. It was in an upright status-capsule fused to part of the great big cyclinder in the centre of the big 'ring' shaped room. Next to that they opened a cubebox with small silvery metallic canisters that opened to reveal odd silver metallic pistols, bracelets, rods or globes of smaller size.

Somehow Helene simply was the leader. There was no debate, no argument, she simply started to lead automatically. To herself and to the triplets she each gave a pistol, a bracelet, a rod and a globe. Ratty, his favoured nickname, did not care but the other two with glasses, protested that they should also be given devices.

Helene sealed up the cubebox and spoke to them. "I have known the Bratz for a couple of years. I know I can trust them. Ratty, I sense that I can trust you but you, Hadra, I sense you are not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. As for you, Erisha, well you simply have not said anything at all."

Erisha shrugged and frowned. "I like to keep myself to myself but I will tell my story. I was caught tampering with forbidden magic in the Academy and so was Hadra here. We worked together trying to reanimate dead organic tissue. Looking back at what we were doing, I am glad we failed so badly, glad that the authorities caught us. Don't trust Hadra. He was the one who pushed me to help him in the first place. He has his own nasty, secret agenda and he does not care who he hurts to carry it out."

Hadra scowled at Erisha. "You are no saint."

Erisha shrugged dramatically. "Never said I was."

Helene made a decision and she reopened the cubebox and gave a pistol, a rod, a bracelet and a globe to Ratty who took them calmy and put them away with out comment. "You can give Hadra and Erisha items. They will do nothing to hurt the group because they are too frightened to work alone. They are only brave to some extent and only bad to some extent."

So Helene looked into Ratty's eyes for a moment and then she nodded before giving items to both Erisha and Hadra who both looked relieved. The pistols were stun weapons but quite capable, the rods were also stun weapons but for closer quarters use, the globes were communicators and the bracelets were multiple functional.

Such devices were far less common in those times and were both highly valuable and highly sought after. It felt strange to be handling a small fortune's worth of technologies of a kind that the peoples of the Splintered Nation could no longer manufacture.

Hidden beneath stacks of cubeboxes and big metallic canisters, they found sleeping platforms, a door to a toilet antechamber, a door to a bathroom antechamber, other antechambers and other facilities. They also found an odd looking but efficient utilities control panel so they turned on the globelights fused to the ceiling and to some spots on the walls. The globelights of crystallic glass lit up according to the proximity of people.

It seemed that they would find a temporary home there, maybe. As it was they were soon sleeping though in theory one of them should have staid up and served as a sentry.

-CONTINUED-

Edited by Maharg67

COSMIC OPERA

CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

Professor Exmen and his angelic companions heard of the death of the President of the USA by heart attack, read the details in a briefing, and were deeply suspicious. Professor Exmen travelled to Washington DC by DC3 airliner that he chartered himself with his new found wealth supposedly gained through inheritance from a recently dead relative. The airliner came into land at one of the mainy airstrips of the large, busy airport and then taxied into a big parking bay. Civilian air travel had become heavily regulated and rationed as the war had gone on and continued even as the nature of the enemies changed, as old enemies became allies.

Even as they came down a mobile-staircase, there was a man waiting for them who wore a suit that he looked uncomfortable wearing. Indiana Jones was his name and he was noted as a tomb raider, an adventurer archeologist who hunted ancient treasure not for profit but to hand over to the Smithsonian Greater Museum that itself was made up of over twenty museums and other facilities bordering the National Mall and even beneath it. Other Smithsonian facilities, including museums, were to be found in other cities not only in the USA but in London and Toyko. It was darkly ironic that others had been in now totally destroyed Berlin, Paris, Prague and other Continental European cities.

Indiana Jones had the status of 'professor' but rarely bothered to use it. He came forward and shook the professor's hand and smiled at the three beautiful women with him, before he looked back to Exmen. "Warm looks, cool eyes! Not quite what they seem. They wouldn't be the first non-humans I have met in the guise of humans."

The professor smiled. "Angels, they are angels made flesh just as I am an archangel made flesh. That is angelfolk as we truly are. Now, as an agent of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defence, the BPRD, you must know that there are many X-Files linked to us."

X-Files used to be carried out by a pair of agents of the FBI but was taken over by the BPRD along with the agents; the BPRD gave stronger support to the agent and also more resources, including those of a more exotic kind. The agents were Sculdar the forensics doctor, a man, and Mully the woman who was famed as a profiler and brilliant researcher. Yet it had been Indiana who had picked up traces of an ancient temple, a temple not built by modern humans, deep beneath the deserts of Arizona. It had been there thousands of years even before the aboriginals had come who had preceded the North American Indians.

Indiana shook his head in wonder, shrugged just a little and then he grinned. "If you are angels, why didn't you fly here?"

The professor grinned back. "We did!" Then he sighed. "The enemy has many eyes, ears and other ways of spying. I mean the true enemy and not just the daedra, even the daedric gods. Yet we will go to Arizona by faster means that we came here. Hold my hands. Now, please don't look at me like that. We need to focus."

The angels touched the professor even as he gripped the hands of the adventurer, gently but firmly.

Then, with a sparkling shimmer, they all vanished.

A fat man in a trench-coat was taking photographs with a telescopic lens camera when it happened. The Mythic Dawn agent cursed softly, turned and began to walk away. The .22LR bullet struck him in the forehead and he died instantly, falling heavily to the ground. Then two men, disguised as airport workers, whisked his body away in moments.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Maharg67

COSMIC OPERA

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

The Red Army fell back before the Spiritums swarming through the air. Cannon shells, rockets and bullets simply vanished as they were absorbed and transformed by the Spiritums. Soldiers found themselves naked as they fled across the landscape and were glad that summer had come with lots of warmth. Civilians also fled. The Axis military forces in the east were also fleeing before the Spiritums. The energy creatures were absorbing every human made structure, even rubbish, even abandoned ruins, that they came upon. Livestock were soon running free. Pet dogs ran with their masters or were carried.

Similiar situations were taking place up in Northern Europe in Sweden and Norway. The Spiritums were swarming across the Italian Alps into Italy. They were going down into Greece. They were already in Malta.

The forces of Great Britain held them off for now with mighty magical barriers and amazing xolaser cannons given over to them by the strange little man. The xolasers disrupted the Spiritums so that they vapourized but they slowly began to reform again.

Governments around the world were having emergency meetings and contacting other governments for urgent talks. The humans of that world had yet to realize fully that they were going to have to leave that world if they were to survive as they used to be. The strange little man tried to tell them so but they refused to listen to him.

Yet many people were fleeing down spiral rampways to the transdimensional place and going from there to the Lunar Underworld. The Spiritums tried to follow but they could not even start to go through those kinds of barriers.

The World War Two vintage Earth was changing totally to a place of wilderness.

Yet not all people were fleeing. The Spiritums took them in, especially starving orphans and others, transforming them so that they could dwell intelligently but with out traditional human technologies of manufacturing, crafting or shaping. These spiritmons were soon living in the thousands through out Spiritum transformed landscapes and they were of many kinds.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/1-steampunk-soldier-tahina-adrianar.jpg