ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How can I edit weapon durability?

mazzuli

To answer more precisely, yes there is. Open the GECK and load the Fallout master.

Then go to the top tool bar where it says "Gameplay"

Then click "Settings"

That should bring up another window with a poo load of values and stuff.

Scroll down until you find the line of text thats starts with "fDamageToArmorPercentage"

There are 5 values total that govern the decay of you weapons and armor.

"fDamageToArmorPeercentage" governs how much damage your armor reveices.

"fDamageToWeaponEnergyMult" governs how fast energy weapons will decay in combat.

"fDamageToWeaponGunMult" governs how fast small gun weapons will decay in cambat.

"fDamageToWeaponLauncherMult" governs how fast big gun weapons will decay in combat.

"fDamageToWeaponMeleeMult" governs how fast melee weapons wear down.

The numbers directly across from the above listed text lines will be how fast your weapons and armors will decay. I have all of my weapon values set at 0.010000 and my armor value set at 0.050000 and repair is never an issue for me.

After making the desired changes hit the save button and give the new fallout esp a name.

Then start fallout and check the newly make plugin in the data files section.

While playing with these altered values it will affect ALL weapons and armor in the game, even downloaded stuff, custom made ect.

Hopefully this has answered your question :)

• 4 weeks later...

what are ya talking about. thats soooo realistic! when i shoot an assault rifle it just crumbles to bits in my hands after about 10 minutes of use lol ;)

must be the post apocalyptic radiation, it fried the metal and plastic so its all crumbly and turns to dust after a few shots ;)

• 10 years later...

But instead of effecting the overall settings for weapons there is the setting on the weapon ... Still Game Data tab.

Override

• Action Points: Overrides the standard number of action points the weapon uses.
  • Damage to Weapon Multiplier: Overrides the multiplier that determines the amount of damage the weapon will take. (0.0 causes the weapon to take no damage. > 1.0 causes the weapon to take more damage than it delivers)

OIC this is an old timey post.

@ ThunderShibal134

As long as your edit in the geck is with an .esp later in the load order than any other weapon mod. It will override them.

Can't say if it will cause problems or not .... would guess it has the potential. But modding is all about giving it a try and working out the bugs :wink: