Less spite over opinions

Strokend

Finally going around and talking to all the members of Constellation before I jump into Unity, apparently they've got a lot to say over a lot of decisions you'd made. Something I dislike is the fact that you can lose affinity in these conversations. Affinity should only be lost during the actual event, not when talking about opinions and decisions afterwards, so I'd like it if these conversations didn't lessen affinity.

In general I noticed a lot of immature and guilt trip comments when you have a different npc go with on a quest or just to follow along. I didn't find that immersive and it distracts. Even non-main quest followers do that.

In general I noticed a lot of immature and guilt trip comments when you have a different npc go with on a quest or just to follow along. I didn't find that immersive and it distracts. Even non-main quest followers do that.

And then you get contradictory comments, like supporting a decision as it's being made but then questioning it afterwards. Andreja on the Aceles, supports them because they "look like serpents", but then says you should have gone with the Microbe.

Hahahahahahahahahaha- what was that game where everyone cried like a baby because they didn't get the 'good' ending? Dishonored I think it was. Oh, and people cried like a baby over the karma system in Fallout 3. And cried like a baby over climbable 'towers' in Ubisoft games.

Dumb it down. Dumb it down. Dumb it down. And what happens when the big devs follow the 'wisdom' of the masses. An every more streamlined, bland, and pointless gaming experience that even the mainstream reviewers hate these days.

I loathe the trend where the bigger devs ruin their games by taking out every mechanism that some crybaby mob whines endlessly about on forums. Interestingly the Dark Souls games wouldn't even exist if their dev ever paid one second of notice to the crybabies. But they don't- they do the opposite- listen to the informed fans and double down.

Boohoo, some non-existent NPC said or thought something NEGATIVE (the boohooing is never about inappropriate praise or fawning) about my character. How will I ever live the shame of it down? Please Mr Game Designer, never ever do such a thing again. I deserved the GOOD ending in Dishonored. I know that I did. Make sure you recognise how wonderful I am in Dishonored 2.

And so the climbable towers vanished in games. And karma vanished. And Dishonored 2 didn't dare to 'judge' the player. To the terrible detriment of the new games.

Poor old starfield tried so hard to be bland, safe, and agenda friendly- it really did. But one agenda bumped against another. The need for an 'npc' 'approval' system so the straight male player character would be forced to experience the slash fiction version of Raylan Givens from Justified hitting on him simply because the player made reasonable moral choices. And then Team Agenda could mock people rightfully moaning about this on Steam.

If 'romance' wasn't in starfield (without the ability of the player to define the sexuality of his/her character in the character creation section- an omission the agenda demanded- 'pronouns' yes, the Human Right to choose one's own sexuality- no), then 'affinity' wouldn't be in the game. The last thing Todd wants to do is 'offend' the most mainstream of his player base who want anything 'crunchy', difficult or challenging removed from the game design.

Edited by zanity

• 1 month later...

They went wayyyy overboard on this game. That is one, of many, disappointments with it. There are some of the story lines that instill emotions but then YANK!...sorry we can't go too far with that. Maybe they should have released 2 versions of the game...one 'safe' version and another for those who can handle and want those old school vibes.

Hahahahahahahahahaha- what was that game where everyone cried like a baby because they didn't get the 'good' ending? Dishonored I think it was. Oh, and people cried like a baby over the karma system in Fallout 3. And cried like a baby over climbable 'towers' in Ubisoft games.

Dumb it down. Dumb it down. Dumb it down. And what happens when the big devs follow the 'wisdom' of the masses. An every more streamlined, bland, and pointless gaming experience that even the mainstream reviewers hate these days.

I loathe the trend where the bigger devs ruin their games by taking out every mechanism that some crybaby mob whines endlessly about on forums. Interestingly the Dark Souls games wouldn't even exist if their dev ever paid one second of notice to the crybabies. But they don't- they do the opposite- listen to the informed fans and double down.

Boohoo, some non-existent NPC said or thought something NEGATIVE (the boohooing is never about inappropriate praise or fawning) about my character. How will I ever live the shame of it down? Please Mr Game Designer, never ever do such a thing again. I deserved the GOOD ending in Dishonored. I know that I did. Make sure you recognise how wonderful I am in Dishonored 2.

And so the climbable towers vanished in games. And karma vanished. And Dishonored 2 didn't dare to 'judge' the player. To the terrible detriment of the new games.

Poor old starfield tried so hard to be bland, safe, and agenda friendly- it really did. But one agenda bumped against another. The need for an 'npc' 'approval' system so the straight male player character would be forced to experience the slash fiction version of Raylan Givens from Justified hitting on him simply because the player made reasonable moral choices. And then Team Agenda could mock people rightfully moaning about this on Steam.

If 'romance' wasn't in starfield (without the ability of the player to define the sexuality of his/her character in the character creation section- an omission the agenda demanded- 'pronouns' yes, the Human Right to choose one's own sexuality- no), then 'affinity' wouldn't be in the game. The last thing Todd wants to do is 'offend' the most mainstream of his player base who want anything 'crunchy', difficult or challenging removed from the game design.

They went wayyyy overboard on this game. That is one, of many, disappointments with it. There are some of the story lines that instill emotions but then YANK!...sorry we can't go too far with that. Maybe they should have released 2 versions of the game...one 'safe' version and another for those who can handle and want those old school vibes.

Have a slider in the game settings for how thick your skin is. :D

Skin thickness slider, I like it!