Noob Questions

I've searched and can't find the answers, I apologise if these questions are tedious repetitions.

- How do I open the .bsa archive so I can access the .nif files when making a new container?
example: I want to make a standard chest with different attributes. I go to containers, hit 'new' and enter the values I want. When it says 'add art file' I go into the 'o' subfolder where the chest art files are and can't see anything. I'm guessing I have to unpack the .bsa file but have no idea how to go about it.

- How can I transfer ownership of the objects that have the "Trebonius" ownership to the player when they reach Archmage rank in The Mage's Guild.
(If this involves a lot of scripting just say that and I'll abandon the idea as I'm a scripting newbie)

- Is it possible to have a door relock itself after you've gone through it?
I want the player to have to carry a specific key

- What is the cleanest and most efficient way of cleaning a mod .esp in 2023?
Over the years many different programs for this have come and gone, I was wondering what the gold standard is now.

Thanks for any help.
JaC

Edited by JimAndConrad

- How can I transfer ownership of the objects that have the "Trebonius" ownership to the player when they reach Archmage rank in The Mage's Guild.

(If this involves a lot of scripting just say that and I'll abandon the idea as I'm a scripting newbie)

nothing about ownership in the MW scripting for dummies

- Is it possible to have a door relock itself after you've gone through it?

I want the player to have to carry a specific key

at least 2 options

My_Door_ID->Lock, 50

or use a script that requires to have a key in the inventory, the door doesn't actually have a lock level, you just can't pass through without key

- What is the cleanest and most efficient way of cleaning a mod .esp in 2023?

Over the years many different programs for this have come and gone, I was wondering what the gold standard is now.

tescmd and testool (imho)

Edited by FIMzzZzz

• 2 weeks later...

This is an easy one. Just change the ownership of all items owned by Trebonius to Faction Owned with Archmage rank.