Help Needed! Crash upon entering Prospector Saloon.

SariDecember

Hey guys and thanks for stopping by!

So I scrapped my old, totally cluttered New Vegas Installation to set it up all from the ground up! So I installed Mod by Mod with FOMM, packed them all in nice and tidy packages and sorted them. I didn't install any "conflict-happy" mods like ProjectNevada that needs tons of compatibility patches.

For those interested, here is my load order:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] FNVToolkit.esm
[X] oHUD.esm
[X] Kaya47NF.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
[X] NevadaSkies.esm
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] GrenadeHotkey.esp
[X] GrenadeHotkey - DeadMoney.esp
[X] FNV-PC idles.esp
[X] backsteppoposes.esp
[X] FAFFNV.esp
[X] FewPosesMore NVedition.esp
[X] PinupPoses.esp
[X] Realism Poses.esp
[X] SariDPosesNV.esp
[X] The Groovatron NV.esp
[X] bzArmour.esp
[X] CNR_Beta.esp
[X] NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
[X] 1nivVSLArmors.esp
[X] ADAM - HH.esp
[X] ADAM - LR.esp
[X] ADAM - MAIN.esp
[X] ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
[X] Holster Gear.esp
[X] KORs Pistol Harness.esp
[X] dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
[X] Mojave Nights.esp
[X] NewVegasExtendedMapMarkers.esp
[X] MRRadioactivs Griss Vector.esp
[X] NVVltorSBR.esp
[X] TheCompendium.esp
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp

When nearing the end of adding these mods, I experienced crashes at the latest, when I try entering the Prospectors Saloon.

After deinstalling some of the "problematic" mods like Interior Lighting Overhaul and/or Nevada Skies I managed to get into get into the Saloon, just to find out that big areas of the Saloon walls/ceiling/floor are black and "swallow" every light. The textures stay black when lit with the pipboy-light even after using the "tlb" command (toggle light brite).

I should also mention, that I use the latest ENB binaries (v0.246) with SomberENB. This worked without any crashes on my previous install!

So, here's what I've done so far:

- Deinstalled/Reinstalled several mods (Interior Lighting Overhaul, NevadaSkies, ENB)

I read in some threads that there were compatibility issues between the 3 mentioned above, can anyone confirm/disclaim that!?

- Checked the whole bunch with FNVEdit and cleared any conflicts

(There hardly weren't any!?)

- Created a merged patch

- Tried to use older ENB binaries

- Toggled the ForceNVidiaCard-thingy in the enbseries.ini on/off and back again (I'm on an AMD card)

I haven't got any mods installed ecxept Interior Lighting Overhaul that alter the Prospector Saloon Interior, or anything contained in it!

I sincerely hope that one of you guys experienced something similar and can help me out, at least by confirming that some of the mods mentioned above will never work together, no matter how hard I try!

If anyone can come up with a solution or a workaround, I'd be forever grateful and reward the one with Kudos, Cookies and Tandoori-Chicken!

Thanks for reading this far!

Greetz *Sari-D

P.S.: read the above again and found it to be pretty confusing so here's a summary:

Problem: crash upon entering certain interiors/interiors glitchy (textures/shaders)

Relevant system specs: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series, no driver changes in the meantime

Questionable mods: Somber ENB (v0.246 binaries), NevadaSkies, Interior Lighting Overhaul (NO MOD CONFLICTS)

Edited by SariDecember

Wish I could help but this is alittle out of my ability I think, did you update your video drivers to something new? Also did you use Steam to check the installation to make sure its all working, I would delete all your INI files and redowload those from Steam if you have not already.

You don't specify so I'm asking... Are you running NVSE or a 4GB enabler? Also what OS are you running?

I'm running on an HD7850 myself on Win 8.1 and have never been able to get ENB later than 0.173 to actually run and I'm forced to use the injector on top of that. What you describe sounds consistent with memory issues, which is why I ask about the 4GB enabler; that and a fake fullscreen utility like Game Companion have made my game amazingly stable and reliable.

Looking at your load order, some of the pose mods you have active might not need to be as they're reporoduced in Groovatron as well. I'm pretty sure Backsteppo Poses, Face Aches, A Few Poses More, and your pose mod (at least the one that's posted) are activated by TheGroovatronNV.esp so running all of those might be redundant; I don't see anything in your load order that would likely cause a conflict in The Prospector.

Good luck with this! If you need me to link to Game Companion or get 4GB running with NVSE and that at the same time, just hit me up.

Thank you Brigand, good advice but I already have everything installed that you mentioned (NVSE, NV4GB, GameCompanion). I already read that you need to use the injector version to actually make the 4GB patch work, I'll give that a go and report back!

Have you tried a new save game from scratch just incase its something to do with a bugged game version? You might have changed something on that last save which you might have forgotten to install.

The second thing could be of course deactivating each mod and keep going to the same interior until the bug stops then see which one it is.

Funnily enough though, i have had a similar problem to you back in fallout 3, this were the texture pack i were using that were causing my game to crash when i entered the first metro station heading to galaxy news radio. I uninstalled it and got the smaller pack and it seemed to work fine, you might want to check this just incase this might be the issue for you too.

Something that often works for me is waiting 4 in game days somewhere and then trying to enter the effected place again, it fixed an issue I've had with several interiors and exteriors possibly because cells reset in that time.

hmm the only thing i have had like this is an old, old, ooooold! long dead game where everything effed up, so yeah i don't really know since it was pretty hard to keep track of it.

alernately i have been having problems with the steam ui running at the same time as an en,b as it effs something up, don't rightly know why but might have something to do with it...

anyways that was my two probably very useless cents ; /

Thanks everybody for your solutions but Brigand's tip worked, I installed and started the ENB injector, added the nv4gb.exe, ran the game and everything worked fine!

I underestimated the 4gb patch, so far I was like: 4gb patch = faster loading times! XD

Thank you though, Kudos to all of you!

I'm gonna spend the rest of the day entering and leaving the Prospector's Saloon! =D

*SD

Thanks everybody for your solutions but Brigand's tip worked, I installed and started the ENB injector, added the nv4gb.exe, ran the game and everything worked fine!

Awesomeness, glad to hear it!

alernately i have been having problems with the steam ui running at the same time as an en,b as it effs something up, don't rightly know why but might have something to do with it...

anyways that was my two probably very useless cents ; /

I know when running ENB, receiving Steam IM's can also interfere with the overlay so I went into Steam settings and changed IM notifications to sound only (disabling the in-game popups), but if it's worse than that you can also set the Steam overlay to not run during games.