Help Needed! Crash upon entering Prospector Saloon.

SariDecember

Thank you Brigand, good advice but I already have everything installed that you mentioned (NVSE, NV4GB, GameCompanion). I already read that you need to use the injector version to actually make the 4GB patch work, I'll give that a go and report back!

Well ...not entirely true.

What you need to do is.....When you get your NVSE from Sliverlock you need to scroll almost all the way down the page , their you will find a link for NVSE_4GB. IF you use that 4GB enabled NVSE, all will work . I am doing it this way.

NVSE (i use the Stable version)

4GB loader you got from the NVSE page

ENB 173 (ONLY!) Wrapper Version installed (This IS required for Enhanced Shaders) And because this is the last version of ENB that supports AA/AF from the drivers.

This is the reason., Nvidia CP settings :smile: ( Game AA/AF disabled) (ENB AA/AF Disabled).

Anisotropic filtering 16x

Antialiasing - setting = Enhance the Application

Antialiasing - Setting = SLI 64xCSAA<<<<that kicks butt !!

Antialiasing - Transparency = SLI 16x (supersample)

Its hard to Show just how much the ENB with Enhanced Shaders and 64 time AA do in Screenshots. You would have to see it live , But this may help...

A lantern,, Another shot

God rays blasting thru a Tree

Blinding Sun

Dark umm ya cant see more then 20-30 feet

2 GB GPU RAM

System Ram (9gb) I was testing, started at 5 GB used

Ewwwww

Stable , Uses all 4 cores and then some. 2 GB + on the GPU and ALL 4 GB system ram used. (i have 16 ) game uses 4.

4GB loader is renamed to "FalloutNVLauncher.exe" this way it bypasses the launcher and Steam still tracks time and Achievements!

More people need to see the Game this way.l Yes you need to use an old ENB but it Rocks!

Have over 40 hours with this setup.

TL:DR....ENB (173) Wrapper version works with 4GB Loader, AA/AF (GPU Driver), Stutter remover DLL, NVAC , NVSE .

Edit: added more Pics. Linked wrong pic,

Edited by camaro_69_327

What you need to do is.....When you get your NVSE from Sliverlock you need to scroll almost all the way down the page , their you will find a link for NVSE_4GB. IF you use that 4GB enabled NVSE, all will work . I am doing it this way.

NVSE (i use the Stable version)

4GB loader you got from the NVSE page

ENB 173 (ONLY!) Wrapper Version installed (This IS required for Enhanced Shaders) And because this is the last version of ENB that supports AA/AF from the drivers.

This is the reason., Nvidia CP settings :smile: ( Game AA/AF disabled) (ENB AA/AF Disabled).

Anisotropic filtering 16x

Antialiasing - setting = Enhance the Application

Antialiasing - Setting = SLI 64xCSAA<<<<that kicks butt !!

Antialiasing - Transparency = SLI 16x (supersample)

This might work for you, but there's a few mitigating circumstances in this particular situation. SD has specified he's running an HD78XX GPU which means no access to the NVidia Control Panel. Additionally, ATI cards just don't seem to work with the wrapper on Win 8.X (he hasn't confirmed what his OS is, though), it's documented. There was a driver update in December or earlier this month, it may work now; I haven't checked because it's easier to just go with what is known to work at the moment.

Midhras states with certainty that it can be done if configured properly or something; I'm not a genius, but I'm not a complete idiot either and haven't been able to get it. 0.173 does seem to be the most recent binary that will actually run on an ATI card (I run 0.161 myself), maybe for the same reason you're mentioning that it supports driver AA/AF. If I find the time and inclination to try the wrapper with the latest driver I'll report back if I learn anything new.

This might work for you, but there's a few mitigating circumstances in this particular situation. SD has specified he's running an HD78XX GPU which means no access to the NVidia Control Panel. Additionally, ATI cards just don't seem to work with the wrapper on Win 8.X (he hasn't confirmed what his OS is, though), it's documented. There was a driver update in December or earlier this month, it may work now; I haven't checked because it's easier to just go with what is known to work at the moment.

Midhras states with certainty that it can be done if configured properly or something; I'm not a genius, but I'm not a complete idiot either and haven't been able to get it. 0.173 does seem to be the most recent binary that will actually run on an ATI card (I run 0.161 myself), maybe for the same reason you're mentioning that it supports driver AA/AF. If I find the time and inclination to try the wrapper with the latest driver I'll report back if I learn anything new.

My bad...i need to read better

- Toggled the ForceNVidiaCard- ..........saw that and went the wrong way. lol...and i should have remembered that ,it was to make an ATI card work!