New Game + is disappointing

alanq64

Just started my 11th new game and I'm pretty disappointed. The final Starborn armor is not even close in stats to what can be upgraded from the vanilla spacesuits and neither is the spaceship. I had heard that something special was supposed to happen after your 10th playthrough. Nope. I put in 340 hours before I went NG+. Finished 90% of the quests and I guess I'm done until some DLC or the Creation Kit gets released. Not really interested in base building. I put thousands of hours in F4 but I'm not feeling it with this game and that sucks.

i'm in your boat with fo4 and i'm more and more convinced it was the right decision to abstain from starfield at least for 6 to 12 month. i did the same with fo4 and in the meantime fo4, modded, is one of my favorite games. currently i can not see this happen with starfield. fo4 gives so much back, like the strength of exploration in an open world, all the fantastic mods - which does (mostly) not even exist in starfield. the lovely handcrafted big open world to explore and to mod is what counts in fo4 and is an argument pro all predecessors of starfield.

i'm in your boat with fo4 and i'm more and more convinced it was the right decision to abstain from starfield at least for 6 to 12 month. i did the same with fo4 and in the meantime fo4, modded, is one of my favorite games. currently i can not see this happen with starfield. fo4 gives so much back, like the strength of exploration in an open world, all the fantastic mods - which does (mostly) not even exist in starfield. the lovely handcrafted big open world to explore and to mod is what counts in fo4 and is an argument pro all predecessors of starfield.

Fo4 fully modded in 2023 is a much better game than Starfield right now. Fo4 also has Far Harbor and to a lesser degree Nuka World. Starfield needs some expansions on that level to make this "universe" actually interesting.

Imo, the NG+ is nothing you should see as the final "goal" or to-do. Forcing yourself to do Ng+ over and over is something that will drag your motivation real fast because you always reset your progress.
Do that once in a while like you would restart skyrim or fallout, but with a ng+ instead.

Its more like a bonus added on top of the game.

And i also would never compare a vanilla game with a game that has been heavily modded for 8 years, access to the CK and thousands of 'devs'.

Fo4 fully modded in 2023 is a much better game than Starfield right now. Fo4 also has Far Harbor and to a lesser degree Nuka World. Starfield needs some expansions on that level to make this "universe" actually interesting.

That is literally the crux of the problem.

This is a brand new IP (25 years in conception).

This is a brand new IP (8 active years in development)

Doesn't look like that time was well spent - at all.

That is literally the crux of the problem.

This is a brand new IP (25 years in conception).

This is a brand new IP (8 active years in development)

Doesn't look like that time was well spent - at all.

beth is trapped in their self chosen game engine dependency.

this engine was already overstretched or at least at its limits with fo4. fo76 was a last warning - just ignored.

a meaningful evolution was simply impossible with this new brand/franchise but beth tried for reasons only they know and burned their devs.

the fist time i heard of "creation engine 2" i thought "???" how could this work ?

a further stretched mediocre, already not up to date fo4 engine for a AAA SciFi Game with 1000 planets ?

now we know exactly this happened with all unavoidable consequences and shortcomings behind a thin polished cover.

all the critical reviewers uncovered this mess on youtube 10x or more. so no comment on this.

beth was exacty aware of this but sold all this as "intentional" restrictions with a golden nasa recommendation...

Overall the game is shallow. I played Skyrim about a year until I discovered CK so I played with CK since, also Fo4 and I played Fo4 several times. This game just had good or better word big marketing. Dialogs (in my opinion) are boring and too long so I started soon to skip dialogs even in the main quest, all planets are pretty much on the same page with some basic differences, go on planet scan and thats it, you have couple landing zones, couple natural zones, couple posts,caves are 80% the same. Many outposts and farms are just copy paste. I was on the same outpost 10 times in 10 different missions. For me NG+ was the best thing in game because it's new, nothing more and I liked ship builder.

Now I'm just waiting for CK.

Edited by skyrim76