CTD directly when launching the game

Kodman1991

Hi.

So I installed a couple of mods for my skyrim playthrough and from time to time I insatall additional mods.

Since two days back I had nothing but trouble. first it was that the game CTD 5 in to the game and now it's directly at launching. Though before that I had mods and it worked fine.

I've attached the exported load order file.

@Kodman1991: crashing the moment you load the game (before reaching the main menu) typically indicates missing or out of order master files. Download and install Wrye Bash. It will flag any mods with missing or out of order master files.

The other thing you'll want to do (once you've resolved which mods are missing master files) is run BOSS to better sort your load order.

@ RAGEingWalruz: TES5Edit won't sort your load order, that's what BOSS is for.

Ok so I've managed to fix the porblem thanks to you guys :smile: However I'm still crashing in game.. For some reason I've noticed the game CTD's when I enter Dragons Bridge. Specifically when I get off my horse.. Any suggestions?

I assume the Papyrus log is useless (as usual)?

If not, test out how reliably it crashes. Does it always crash in the same exact area, or are you able to make it in sometimes? If it happens 100% of the time in the same place it's almost certainly a world problem, so try deactivating any mods that might place/remove items anywhere near there. If that fails, I'd do a binary search, but this is really only a viable option of you're using Mod Organizer, since you can backup your modlist and quickly uncheck half your mods etc.

I managed to fix it! The problem was that my ram cannot handle stutters for some apparent reason and therefore decides to CTD :S

Anyway I've installed the Enboost mod and the problem seems gone. And actually it boosted my performance. However I plan to buy some extra 4 gig of ram just to be perfectly sure.