Redmod failed to deploy

IAmStormShadow

Every time I try to download any mod that requires Redmod, Vortex starts installing mod, and after it goes through the process and thinks for a minute, when it completes, I get the message that Redmod failed to deploy mod. I have tried launching the game & those mods requiring Redmod do not work, but the rest of my mods do work. Has anyone else had this during install of mods? Any help would be appreciated.

I've been trying to tell people for what seems like decades now that mod managers like Vortex are not the end-all to modding and that they should learn to install manually. Unfortunately I don't use Vortex so I can't help you. I install everything manually and haven't had any of these issues using Redmod even along with the other mod requirements.

Only thing I can think to try is to delete the r6/cache folder then verify files with Steam. This has worked for some people, even though I haven't had to do it.

Edited by Illtempered

This is the only way to be sure. It's slow, but it works. Slowly, manually, add each mod, one at a time. Make sure it works and you understand it's features. Move on to the next one...

And that's after getting a stable stock build. Just delete EVERYTHING except saves and reinstall. The games not a large file relatively speaking.

Edited by Illtempered

• 4 months later...

Just was having this problem with 2.2 and cyberpunk would either crash or get stuck after the startup scenes/warnings. What fixed it completely for me was going into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\cache\modded" and deleting the contents of the "modded" folder while leaving the folder itself and everything else. Then go into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\tools\redmod\bin" in command prompt and run "redmod.exe deploy". dont deploy the mods through vortex as it botches the deployment. Fixed it for me every time. Launch through vortex as well and not redlauncher. If that still doesnt work delete all of the "cache" folder, verify game files in steam and repeat the command prompt step.

• 4 months later...