Red Dead Redemption Soundtrack

Epicmagus

I just finished RDR, one of my best game ever. Many would agree with me that this game's soundtracks are among the most epic soundtracks ever made for a game. That would be awesome if someone would make a mod that add these soundtracks to the game. I could use some eargasms in FONV. Some would say that would break the lore or something like but I don't care, personally. Beside, I think that game lack of good western themes, wich is one of my greatest dissapointement on New Vegas. Thank you in advance!

Not to rain on your parade, but putting assets from other games, even other Bethesda games, into the game voids your right to use it, says Bethesda.

Soundtracks are copyright protected and must not be shared online in any way, shape or form, or you're looking forward to a huge court penalty dealt by the musicians and right holders you stole it from and caused damage to in the process.

Besides, you're unlikely to find any authors jumping up to do it around here, because it is an insta-ban offense at the Nexus in order to protect the site from the inevitable law suit to arise would it allow it.

All the legaleze put aside however, music files are a grey zone in regards to the "no assets from other games used in our games" rule by Bethesda, as long as you don't share the actual files. That'd be music piracy.

I don't exactly know about how it is done in Fallout3 or New Vegas, but there should be a rather simple way to put your own custom MP3s as music tracks into the game, just like it was in every other GameBryo game so far.

Something along the line of a "move the existing files away into a backup folder, put your own MP3s into the proper folder, and you're done"-kind of deal should definitely work for you, as you already possess the soundtrack to begin with.

There must be a bunch of topics mentioning the exact procedure in detail flying around here somewhere. Maybe even someone who knows how it's done will chime in and give instructions.

And that's when it's actually so easy to do yourself once you own the music files already.

Above I actually forgot for a second that FO3 and NV don't have background music tracks. Thus it's not as simple as putting files into a specific folder. You need to create a Radio Station for this or modify an existing one.

Going by this tutorial though it looks like a rather simple and straight-forward task to do. A bit more steps necessary than in like Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim, but it's still very far from Rocket Science either. Give it a try.

And that's when it's actually so easy to do yourself once you own the music files already.

Above I actually forgot for a second that FO3 and NV don't have background music tracks. Thus it's not as simple as putting files into a specific folder. You need to create a Radio Station for this or modify an existing one.

Going by this tutorial though it looks like a rather simple and straight-forward task to do. A bit more steps necessary than in like Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim, but it's still very far from Rocket Science either. Give it a try.

I'm not sure where you got that idea from, They have ambient tracks