Shipbuilder: sideways habs

goatcha

Pretty simple, take the existing habs and either add sideways copies, or just let us flip them.

Both Left and Right pivots would be good. So many more options would be available if we could just turn a 3x1 sideways.

Would also allow for better planning of doorways to avoid destroying furniture.

Oh and could do with the same option for Fuel storage, and some of the cargo pods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to rotate a hab 90 degrees until I discovered it's not been implemented. We NEED this! I see there are a few working on it in other threads. Hopefully the mod community can implement this. Bethesda sure isn't hurrying on fixing things. Their model seems to be : Release first, let the modders debug it, then code in the mods and take credit.

On 11/29/2023 at 4:15 AM, Patriotpa said:

I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to rotate a hab 90 degrees until I discovered it's not been implemented. We NEED this! I see there are a few working on it in other threads. Hopefully the mod community can implement this. Bethesda sure isn't hurrying on fixing things. Their model seems to be : Release first, let the modders debug it, then code in the mods and take credit.

It has always been like this, since Qarl implemented the flora gathering scripts in Morrowind, which Beth implemented in Oblivion and other cool stuff the community has made for the last 20 years and honestly, I do not mind at all. I do think it is cool that they implement stuff we want to have in game. So many bright people are involved in the process and have been involved, so why should they credit us for ideas really as we add more ideas daily?  😉 If we are able to solve stuff, it means that they allowed us to do it as it is already a part of the game engine and up to us to solve with scripts but the OBSE team do allow us to make the impossible possible as a sidenote and also the SKSE team. It is only our imagination that is the limit or rather the needs we have to make life easier.  😄  If i did not needed a function, I would never had figured it out how to make one in the first place.  😉  The need for an optimization allow us to figure out a solution. I do have my own thought about speeding up the fueling process in game. In reality, the only thing we need to script is to fill up the tanks inside the spaceship and lower the tanks at the ground at the outpost. What happens in between is not relevant as it is just an illusion anyway. My idea for refueling the easy way is just to add a button for it inside one type of ship modules and you push the button and maybe even do a hard connection with a pipe to the ship for immerse reasons as that would have been cool but honestly, right now I only need my ship to get refueled faster.  😄

To make the refueling to become more immerse, we could try to animate a connection to the ship from a pipe system, with a tube made of rubber or something similar. So every time we land the ship, the connections with the refueling system will happen per auto but maybe that should be done manually? I do not know. I love to optimize stuff as much as possible and the ship should get new fuel per auto from our own outposts at least. So at space stations, you should be able to ask the ship engineers to refuel your ship for a price, and that I have not seen so far in game, nor any ground connections to any refueling systems at all. Then we have another problem. Where have you put your fuel tanks at your ship?  How will we be able to emulate this tube connection to feel realistic if our ships looks so different?  Well, that needs to be tested with the CK, to see what looks good or not and if the tube do not reach the ship at all, then it will look like crap.  😄  One solution might be to just add a tube from the side of the platform, that gets visible with an animation as soon as we landed and that ends up in the middle of the platform and that way, we can at least emulate that the rubber tube connects to the ship. The height of the ships are the same for them all right?

Edited by Pellape