NPC Be Nice Tutorial Help

daventry

Basically, all you need to do to accomplish this is to open the creation kit, then click data in the top left. Load Skyrim and Update (assuming you want to work with vanilla NPC's). You then need to find the object window; the one that lists actor, audio, character, etc. Find Drelas in here; you'll need his ID. That could be either something like 'drelas' or something more obscure; if you have trouble using the filter box to search, find his ID on a website such as UESP or related Elderscrolls wiki. When you find his actor, double click and a new window labeled 'Actor' (in english) will pop up.

In this window, you should see several tabs: Traits, Stats, etc. click on AI data. Here, you should see aggression under AI attributes. Set this to unaggressive, and the target will no longer attack you.

Mind you, these steps will only make him not attack you, but not necessarily follow you or fight for you. He just isn't aggressive, which is what you seemed to ask in the original post. Doing this to a single falmer is a bit more tricky, I believe, as you might need to make a new actor. Why don't you give this a shot and let me know how it works.

EDIT: I'm still (slowly) learning CK myself, so if anyone in the community needs to correct me here, please do so.

Edited by cronosnake

So i followed your Advice witch isent Detailed, since it seems you must make a Copy of the Actor first, then Edit he's Features.

So now im in the AI Section and just pressing random Extra Buttons after i ticked the Unagressive Button.

So now what do i put in the ID Tab and where do i save it, plus must i use the TESVEdit Program aswell and How do i use that.

So i followed your Advice witch isent Detailed, since it seems you must make a Copy of the Actor first, then Edit he's Features.

So now im in the AI Section and just pressing random Extra Buttons after i ticked the Unagressive Button.

So now what do i put in the ID Tab and where do i save it, plus must i use the TESVEdit Program aswell and How do i use that.

You seem to have misunderstood cronosnake.

First: don't feel bad, the CK is tricky.

Secondly, there are tutorials for more advanced things on the internet (try the CK wiki) but I'll give you the basics:

Using the CK should be like surgery; don't change things that you aren't absolutely sure you want to change. Clicking "Random Extra Buttons" is probably going to cause problems.

Now, once you've opened the CK and loaded the Skyrim.esm, click "File" then "Save", before doing anything. Then you can name your mod file, which will be a .esp.

What you're now effectively doing is editing a file, like a Word document, which will in turn edit Skyrim when it is loaded.

DO NOT make a copy (technically a duplicate) of the Actor whom you wish to change. All you will do is add a very similar NPC to Skyrim's "library" of characters, who will NOT be loaded in the game unless you put him or her somewhere.

Instead, go to "Actors" in the object window, which should be on the left of your screen, and find the actor whom you want to edit. Double-click on his/her name. LEAVE THE ID TAB ALONE. Go to AI and set the character to Unaggressive, as you apparently are already able to do. Now press "OK". Click "File", then "Save", then close the CK. Check that your .esp is loaded in Data Files, and you should find that the character you wanted to edit is no longer aggressive.

TES5Edit is a tool used to "clean" mods. Essentially, it makes sure that mods work well with other mods. It's only really useful for big, complicated mods. A mod to change Drelas' aggressiveness is very minor, and as long as it is loaded after any other mods that might change Drelas in your load order, you don't need TES5EDIT for it at all.

Good luck!

Edited by ilikecheese1337

I apologize if I was not clearer before. I'm not sure what exactly wasn't detailed, but I'll try to probably include screenshots if I'm describing something that isn't exactly conducive to text description. I didn't have the creation kit open in front of me, so maybe I got some facts wrong there.

As stated above me, I wouldn't do random things in the Creation Kit if I wasn't sure what I was doing; making accidental changes is the reason why we clean our mods using TESVEdit, as mistakes should be removed to avoid compatibility issues. If you run into a spot of trouble, perhaps post a question about it in the community.

Out of curiosity, what directive encouraged you to duplicate the NPC?

I'm still around if you have any questions, in case you want to continue with the original goal of adding more friendly NPC's.

Edited by cronosnake

You make a duplicate when you are making a new one. if you are modifying the original you would ofcourse modify the original.

I suggest starting by going through the creation kit tutorials until you familiarize yourself with NPC's and the CK.