Corrupted Disk

Triforce1

Excellent, that is just my plan. I think I'll get the new PC P&C 910W Silencer; 4GB (2x2GB) of OCX Reaper HPC DDR2 RAM @1066; some new Pioneer disk drive, they run cheap-ish; (2) 640GB 7200RPM WD Caviar HDDs. All for cheaper that my new GTX 295. That should fix my problems, don't you think?

Those posts are leading me to believe your DVD driver have worn out lens or just dirty. try it first.

Will do, I'd rather have a $50 problem than a $450 one. Thanks. However, can a dirty DVD drive cause assorted .dll failures and other weird problems, including BSODs?

Will do, I'd rather have a $50 problem than a $450 one. Thanks. However, can a dirty DVD drive cause assorted .dll failures and other weird problems, including BSODs?

Yes, if corrupted data was passed over to the computer... but remember I can only suppose, do not take it for granted.

PS: Every hard driver manufacturer have utilities that allows their hardware testing. I strongly advise you to seek out those utilities and do a complete test, some of them may call for doing so at boot time, follow the instructions.

PS2: Just occurred to me. That your new Video Card is POWER HUNGRY!!!... You definitely need to be sure your actual PSU can deal with the demand. An overloaded PSU may create all those issues you pointed, and others you are not aware yet.

Ah, just as I though. That seemed to be the unanimous decision over on the Guru3D Forums. Like I said, that will be one of the things I do to try and fix this. RAM and a new DVD drive are relatively cheap upgrades to a computer system, so that'll be added as well. I'm getting more hard disk space just in case. Of course, I will install the new power supply first to see it that will fix the problems. If it doesn't, I'll keep changing stuff. Otherwise, I'll send back the hard disks and the DVD drive. I've wanted an excuse for more memory anyway. Thanks for all your help!

-Triforce1