Can my laptop run Dwarf Fortress?

InDarkestNight

I know I said I need to quit gaming, and hoenstly this is one of the games I've never understood the appeal of. I was thinking about this a few days ago, when I had to do a full system restore of my computer (it took me a day or two to get to that point, due to my computer not being able to even get to the login screen). I decided to use the canyourunit website to see what games I could run on my laptop while I waited. Turns out, practically nothing, as I expected. However, while I was having it test various games I owned, I found it had dwarf fortress on there (the steam version presumably), so I decided to test it. I did try to play it on my laptop before, but I think it was making the thing overheat (it was radiating heat out of the keyboard itself). To my surprise, it claimed the thing does meet the system requirements to run the steam version, minus not having enough video ram of course. Of course, the free version doesn't have the same graphics, so this got me thinking; it is possible that laptop can actually run dwarf fortress? I mean, the only thing it can't handle are the graphics (which makes no sense since apparently it can run bloons 5 and the original warcraft 3, seriously), so perhaps my laptop could actually handle the free version?

I doubt I would play it anyway, and like I said I think it was making the thing overheat, I'm just wondering what to make of what the website told me.

Guest deleted34304850

there are literally dozens of free utilities that can give you the complete spec of your machine. use them and do your own analysis. or if you're too lazy to do that, install the game on your potato and see what happens.