What else could I do to fix my windows 10 pc?

8 hours ago, InDarkestNight said:

And how do I backup my data when I can't get the thing to boot up? Besides, it won't save the programs I have installed (such as my pre-ae SE, not that I had any intents on playing it again anyway). Besides, my laptop can do everything I was doing with the thing anyway. Its why I haven't replied so long; I haven't tried to fix the thing again in days, and I still don't feel the need to do so.

I have however made a backup of the data on my laptop here. Though I do have a problem now that this thing keeps saying it wants to upload a backup of this thing on the f*#@ing internet (who the hell in their right mind would ever do that, seriously?). It apparently thinks this thing was having problems simply because I used it to make a repair disc. If I made a repair disc with this thing, then why would it be assuming that this is the broken computer? If it was broken, I wouldn't have been able to do that. Wtf?

Boot from some other form of media, Hirens Boot CD, Parted Magic, or something similar, and copy files you wanna keep to an external drive. Then, boot from your installation media, and reinstall windows. You can blow away all the existing partitions, for a fresh install, or, you can just reinstall windows in the existing windows partition, and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I broke down and decided to try and re-install the OS. It told me I couldn't do that without fully booting up the computer. That was the last thing I had to try. So I guess I'm buying a new disc; the things only last 5~10 years anyway, so its probably about time I replace it anyway. I did try to install the disc from the non-functioning computer, but it would do absolutely nothing but show a message saying it had no OS. Worse yet, the ram boards that were in it don't fit the slots in my gaming computer. Fml. Fortunately, discs don't seem to be too expensive (assuming I stick to 1tb like the one I have in the computer already), ram boards don't see too pricey. I'll have to bring one of the ram boards with me so make sure I get the right kind though.

So I guess I'll be having to re-install steam and all my programs. That means I'm losing SE forever. f*#@ bethesda. Was thinking of installing ubuntu on it finally, but I don't know if I could game on that (i read somewhere that steam dropped support for the OS due to it not supporting 32-bit programs, which would include LE!)

f*#@ing stupid world. Why does bethesda have to destroy SE for? I am NEVER playing with any of that worthless cc s#*! installed. I literally wouldn't accept all the money in the world to play for even a second with all that garbage in my game. Yes, I would seriously turn that down, ON PRINCIPLE.

Hopefully that one guy who actually knows things is at staples. I may need help figuring out what OS to put on the thing, or even if I could (I can find no mention of individual drives having any OS pre-installed on them). So I may be saying goodbye to skyrim forever. Bethesda may have won; they may have stopped me from playing their game. I am NEVER buying another product from them with how they've been treating this modding community. What, they think I'm going to buy starfield or play fallout 76 just because I can't play Skyrim anymore? Wtf are they thinking? I'll be laughing when they go the way of Atari over this. Bye, possibly forever, or at least until I can get an OS that I can play LE on.

Edited by InDarkestNight

• 2 weeks later...

Best suggestion yet, Windows 10 is going away in 2024 and I have to build a new system myself in order to upgrade to 11, using PC Parts .com is the smartest thing you could do to tailor a new system to your budget and needs! I used it for  my last system and ended up with a computer that would  have cost me over 1200 dollars for 600.

I already replaced the SSHD, with an SSD. My computer's been working for a few weeks now, and I've been playing Skyrim. Haven't gotten around to getting mods to work, but I think I need to replace my graphics card and maybe my processor before I do that, which isn't happening anytime soon sadly. So no, I don't need anymore help, thank you anyway.

15 hours ago, RadoGamer said:

Best suggestion yet, Windows 10 is going away in 2024 and I have to build a new system myself in order to upgrade to 11, using PC Parts .com is the smartest thing you could do to tailor a new system to your budget and needs! I used it for  my last system and ended up with a computer that would  have cost me over 1200 dollars for 600.

October of 2025 for windows 10.

For me, a simple bios update got my machine ready for win 11. But, I haven't 'upgraded' as yet.....

Yeah, unfortunately I have an I7-7700 intel chip and even though it has more than  enough power to run 11, Microsoft left it off the list of acceptable chips. A lot of people are very angry about the move

18 hours ago, RadoGamer said:

Yeah, unfortunately I have an I7-7700 intel chip and even though it has more than  enough power to run 11, Microsoft left it off the list of acceptable chips. A lot of people are very angry about the move

Nothing new there. A lotta folks were rather put out when no one made win 7 drivers for the 7th gen chipset as well. :D