ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim Special Edition Update Incoming

Pickysaurus

Installed the new SKSE64. Game load is interrupted with an "appropriate address library" error relating to Engine Fixes.

Gods, so long since I had to do all this that I've completely forgotten the process lol.

23 minutes ago, shinshyguy said:

bruh I just started modding skyrim on my steamdeck and now I gotta deal with all this nonsense?  Looks like I'm gonna play offline for now till the new SKSE update drops

choose the opion "only updates when i launched it' , should be fine. me also play it on steam deck

Unfortunately, I did not receive your notification in time.  I also thought that I had blocked upgrades some time ago, but I forgot how that was done.

Can someone please tell me how I should block upgrades in the future?

I still have two routines which have not yet been upgraded, namely FISS and Fuz Ro D'Oh.   Not sure how long it might take to get them updated, if at all.

32 minutes ago, dale5351 said:

Unfortunately, I did not receive your notification in time.  I also thought that I had blocked upgrades some time ago, but I forgot how that was done.

Can someone please tell me how I should block upgrades in the future?

I still have two routines which have not yet been upgraded, namely FISS and Fuz Ro D'Oh.   Not sure how long it might take to get them updated, if at all.

It appears this update was forced through despite the attempts made by people to block it.

Here are my notes for preventing Skyrim updates:

Spoiler

STEP #1: Follow the guidelines in https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/b158op/keep_skyrim_se_from_updating_safely_and/ to make the manifest READ ONLY.

STEP #2: To prevent Steam from updating Skyrim: In the game's properties, set it to only update when launched. Then only start the game with SKSE64, which bypasses the launcher.
1 Load Steam.
2 Right-click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and select Properties.
3 In the popup box select the Updates tab.
4 Select Only update this game when I launch it in the Automatic Updates section.
5 Close the window.

Glad I learned my lesson the second time to shut Steam down from auto updates,If I owned a copy of SSE on GOG

this wouldn't even be an issue.

Well at least now I know what to expect with that whole next-gen update for FO4 will be about time to check that 

auto updates are off.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:43 PM, Jazzfrezi said:

It appears this update was forced through despite the attempts made by people to block it.

Yes, I am one of those that STEAM literally over rode my "NO AUTO UPDATE" .... and did it anyway and totally ruined my game that had several days and many hours into. 

Now it looks like I am going to have to remove the game and do a re-install. I am so not in my happy place.