Alchemy disappointing

greyday01

The effects of alchemy seem so limited. Just a few effects over and over again. How many ingredients have restore stamina for example. CC mods only have three additional I believe Light, nighteye and Absorb spell. Surely they could have used more imagination? Change size, water walking, become ethereal, turn into a rabbit, dance uncontrollably, become drunk and fall down a lot. Alchemy is just boring. And going through the list of ingredients pairing them so the "unknown potion" isn't shown. Why if all the effects of each ingredient is known is the resulting potion shown as unknown just because you haven't mixed them before?

Why? Because you don't know how to make them before you discover the recipe. That's the "game" of the alchemy subplot. puzzle out what does what.

Anyway.... sans make-do-wif-wtcha-gotz lectures, there are quite a few alchemy overhaul mods. (land expansions too that add new options) Maybe one makes it more interesting, idk. For me, alchemy is a just another sundry chore, so I don't sweat it: More healing potions, cure potions, buffs for crafting, poisons, etc/