Are my models now broken forever after the update?

powerpootis

I am not hugely familiar with skyrim modding, only started installing recently, and this update turned a lot of the models and textures in the game for me black. Is this permanent? I am used to terraria mods where, if it at some point loses what an item is because you disabled a mod or something, every single modded tile or item just becomes an unknown object or gets deleted. Will my models go back to normal if i find the not working mods or if the not working mods get updated?

The update shouldn't have affected meshes or textures, only SKSE related mods.  You have something else going on.  What mod manager are you using?

Are you saying that just your NPCs are black?  Is it just all skin tone black or do they look like meshes without any textures?  Try reinstalling all your texture mods.  

I'm assuming you updated SKSE already?  Confirm that mods dependent on SKSE have also been updated by the mod author and that you have updated it to the latest version.

i fixed it! It not working with mods disabled (i should have tried this earlier tbh) made me think that it might not be due to the mods after all. Lo and behold, one steam file integrity check later, there are 1.8 gigs of files missing after the update, i fixed it up and it now all works! This is stupid and i should have tried that as the first thing, it makes the most sense, i just thought, seeing as my game is modded, its probably some mod f*#@ing up. Anyway, thanks for the help, issue SOLVED.