EnginFixes dot dll Error

jjb54

Okay, I searched and came up with nothing that make sense at all.

- Make sure you have the updated EngineFixes.DLL file.

Okay, fine - WHERE DO I FIND IT?

Problem is - I keep getting the following Error either w/ the SKYRIM Launch or the SKSE Launch

... EngineFixes.DLL

... REL/Relocation.h (567 ) failed to open file.

How the .... do I fix this? The game is worthless.

- I have the newest SKSE: skse64_2_02_05.zip

Installed and followed the Read Me instructions. There is no EngineFixes.dll in this and I have no clue where or how to find as the current one is not accepted.

Something that may be similar, MO2 is telling which mods still need to be updated which is fine, just a few days but the very first entry has no name, just "fiss.dll" that's all. I've searched the Skyrim SE folder both Main and My Games folders, even the entire Steam folder, those always show "No items match your search". No idea on that at all.

Edited by MikeCobalt

When asking questions about dll files you must state which version of SSE you are playing.  The dll file you are talking about depends  on the version you are playing.

For instance  fiss.dll  "FileAccess Interface For Skyrim" dll, the version of fiss you need depends on the version of SSE you are playing. Also FISS is incompatible with some versions of SSE. Then again in some versions of SSE some mods are dependent on FISS.

Basically your questions about dll files are unanswerable unless the version of SSE you are playing is known.

Version: Skyrim SE AE CURRENT  FU update that Steam overrode my DO NOT UPDATE OPTION.

I already stated in my OP that I am using the current SKSE with version number, which I thought, should have been a clue, 2/b honest.

Thanks, yes it is and it's not being seen or recognized?

I think I'm getting to the end of my rope here ( thanks Steam / Beth ) and have to scrub the game - uninstall Skyrim SE and re-install it.