Trying to Install Morrowind Enhanced Textures

VinceBly

I played Morrorwind with MGE, the Morrowind Code Patch, and other mods some years ago.  Right now I playing vanilla Morrowind on a modest laptop.   I have no mods installed.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to install the Morrowind Enhanced Textures.

I tried the following: First, I made a backup of the Textures directory in the Morrowind  Data directory.  Then I copied all the files from Enhanced Textures into the Data/Textures directory.  When asked if I wanted to allow new files with the same name as old ones to overwrite, I replied yes.  The game runs as before, without any enhanced textures.

Help would be appreciated.

Edited by VinceBly
grammar

VinceBly - According to MET, "If you use the vanilla engine you will need MCP  installed for the mod to work.." I'm not clear if you've added MCP this time round. If you have, ignore me.

No probs. Glad I may have a solution. I've just reinstalled Morrowind via Steam.  If you replay then you'd be welcome in the Morrowind club (if you're not there already). It'd be nice to discuss play-throughs... I haven't played Morrowind for a while and am in awe with it all over again.