ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Do Bethesda's current updates break your game for Skyrim LE Like they do Skyrim SE

carl1960

Hello,

This may have been asked before, but I can't find it. As you all know playing Skyrim SE just updated again and screwed up everything. I am sick of it, and I wanted to know if I buy and play original Skyrim (LE) legendary game has Bethesda been screwing this older version up. Has Bethesda left this game alone. I can do this anymore with their stupid updates when you spend a YEAR playing a game and then Bethesda decides to update it.

Yes, I had Steam set for, do not update until I launch it . But it figures out a way to anyways somehow using MO2. It's done it to me twice now. Please let me know, I love playing Skyrim BUT I can't go through another GD update from Bethesda and messing up my game.

Thanks

The good new here is that Skyrim LE is no longer supported by Bethesda, so no updates. 

The bad new here is that Skyrim LE is no longer supported by Bethesda, so no updates. 

That said, most mod authors no longer support their mods on Skyrim LE.  Maintaining several different versions of a mod is a pain in the butt, and just not worth the effort required.  So, we moved on and focus on SSE.

Further, the fallacy here is that the updates to Skyrim SE have "screwed up everything", I gotta call bullshit.  I have been playing Skyrim since day one, over a decade ago.  I have been making mods for Skyrim since the CK was first released.  Yeah, there have been some glitches moving from OG Skyrim to LE to SE to SE 1.6 (aka AE) to SE 1.6.1130, but all in all, the major foul ups have been caused by the users themselves.  I won't bore you by countering the tedious arguments about the evils of Bethesda's updates.  I will simply point out that the numbers claiming that a update "screwed everything up" get lost in the rounding when compared to the numbers who actually play the game. 

So, for the best experience, stick with the current version of the game.