ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can somebody anybody teach me how to make power armor in blender for fallout 4?!?! PLEASE!!

Issacreaper2

I cant teach you but what I would do if I was you is import the power armor frame into blender so that you can have the frame as a reference to build the new armor around. I would also import a full set (t45) and use the game armor as a size reference. There should be tutorials on how to model armor in blender on youtube. Watch those to learn how to make armor as then you can make any new armor that you want. 

You can also try to remake the vanilla game pieces as that will also help you learn. Look up tutorials on uv unwrapping as good uv's equal better textures when it comes time to apply textures in software like substance painter.

It took me 2 months to make my first model in blender so patience is key both to learning 3d modeling, uv unwrapping, applying textures, and making mods for fallout 4 as the game is easy to break. 

3 hours ago, Issacreaper2 said:

But that's just my point I don't want to break my game I want to make sure I get this right on the first try if I break my game, I'm going to flip out.

Unfortunately that is part of the modder experience. Even some the modders that have been modding this game for years still come back here asking for help with issues with their mods breaking parts of the game so dont worry if you do end up breaking something as its not the end of the world if you do. Simply disabling the problem mod will fix the issue most of the time and figuring out what went wrong is part of modding. 

Even I didnt get everything right on the first time modding and even then I still make mistakes when modding as you cant prepare for something that you dont know that you dont know. 

Tutorial - Standalone Power Armor at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

A guide on Nexus

This video probably will also address many issues you can encounter making a power armor mod. 

A post made talking about modeling custom power armor parts from many years ago

Remember to dont be afraid to make mistakes and have fun

22 hours ago, Issacreaper2 said:

Even any 3d modeling tips for modding would help

I only so far modeled guns that already exist in real life. As for modeling things that dont exist I would learn how to draw so that you can create your own Concept Art. Some modders do this when making clothing as they draw the model front, profile, and back view so they have a easier time 3d modeling. As for tips learn how to UV unwrap as fast as you can as that will make everything better both for textures and in game. Learn how to UV unwrap the basic 3d shapes (cube, pyramid, Sphere, cylinder) as that will serve as a great guide for the fundamentals for UV unwrapping.

One thing that Im surprised no one talks about on youtube when it comes to UV unwrapping is that to make your life easier when it comes to UV unwrapping is to break down the mesh to separate smaller more simple shapes if your struggling with UV unwrapping. Once your done with the unwrapping process then you can put everything back together after you packed the UV's neatly on the grid

hey, I wanted to share and ask some things with you too. One thing I'm working on is Frank Horrigan armor, not power armor just armor for super mutants ("just put that file in because I have a bit of a plan for it when I put it in the game.") 😉 The question I'm going to ask is are the parts of the power armor mesh split up on purpose because I noticed while I was working on the power armor I noticed that each of the parts were split and it kind of confused me.

A Frank Horrigain project.jpg