OMG Elevators!

Barbisol1968

Hey thrill seekers!

I envision a hab, or set of habs containing a bank of two elevators.  Perhaps with different themes like  Packrat Sumuggler, Appollo, High tech, Willy Wonka, Space Vagrant or whatnot.

I hate ladders!  We need elevators!  Dreamin Big. 🙂

Thanks for looking. 

I love elevators too and started to experiment in Morrowind already around 2005. You could add this post as well at the Mod ideas specific forum if you want as I guess that is the forum a modder will look for ideas, not here and we also need the Construction Kit, CK, to be able to make an elevator at all and elevators are part of the game already so it should be easy to add one at a Hab, the 2 levels one by removing the stair in Blender and make an elevator shaft and put an elevator inside. I do prefer a one plane hab before seral levels myself. 

Edited by Pellape

42 minutes ago, Pellape said:

I love elevators too and started to experiment in Morrowind already around 2005. You could add this post as well at the Mod ideas specific forum if you want as I guess that is the forum a modder will look for ideas, not here and we also need the Construction Kit, CK, to be able to make an elevator at all and elevators are part of the game already so it should be easy to add one at a Hab, the 2 levels one by removing the stair in Blender and make an elevator shaft and put an elevator inside. I do prefer a one plane hab before seral levels myself. 

I was working on a Dwemer ruin for morrowind, and put a couple elevators in there..... Three floors, that were selectable. 😄 You could go to any floor, from any floor. (scripted, of course) Worked great. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

They can be done when the CK releases. Then it will even be rather easy, at least for the ones with loading screens. If you want elevators like some of the mine elevators or the cargo elevators it will require some animations to be done. I am sure somebody will come up with 1x2 and 1x3 companion walkway style habs with an elevator plattform inside. Everything else is then almost childs play. Also possible are then teleporter plattforms. You step on them and you are ported a level above, or into the bridge or wherever else. Beam me up, Scotty!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 9:52 PM, tomsite said:

If you want elevators like some of the mine elevators or the cargo elevators it will require some animations to be done.

That is what I hope to see. Mini-versions of the ones in some POIs. Like abandoned research tower.

1x1xH. With versions for H(eight) of 1-?.

Alternatively I think a 1x1xH low gravity well might be an intersting approach.  Low gravity to enable falling down 5 floors without breaking legs. And boosting up 5 floors with a balance pack...