Any way to resolve lag when smithing items?

Khaeops

I have a lot of craftable items in my smithing menus, and my game lags a lot when crafting things. I've tried using CCOR's category system and Constructible Object Custom Keyword System but they don't seem to affect the performance much, since I imagine a lot of modded items don't have the keywords required to take advantage of the categories.

Is there a way (other than the obvious uninstalling/removing the constructible objects) that the crafting lag could be improved or resolved? 

If you were to modify the recipes to require a specific item to be in inventory, then if that item is not present in the inventory, the modified recipes will not appear as options and thus reduce the amount needed to be loaded.  There are mods out there that do this for their custom items.  Check the mods you have and see if any already require a specific item to be in the inventory, if they do, store the item in a container when not wanting to craft items from those mods.  See if that helps the lag.

I think there's an MCM option in CCOR that can disable anything not available. It works, but I do lose the ability to preview things that I don't yet have the materials for. It's an option for now but I wonder if any of the scripting wizards out there would know of a way to populate the crafting lists in a more efficient way, as I believe right now it's doing it all through ActionScript?