How do you play Starfield? Skills and way you play.

Guest deleted195863585

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

I am 163..... and not done with this universe yet. 😄 Still, give it a shot, see what happens. 😄

I just did it again at lvl 154 in my current universe without any issues, and that was with my balance mod that makes the enemy ships have way more health, I'd say the trick still works.

10 hours ago, matilija said:

I just did it again at lvl 154 in my current universe without any issues, and that was with my balance mod that makes the enemy ships have way more health, I'd say the trick still works.

Awesome. Thank You. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2023 at 1:28 PM, Guest deleted195863585 said:

Hi!

It's my 4th. run in Starfield now and i've checked out different ways to play it. First run was stealth but it sucks. Stealth in Fallout 4 is majestic, unbelieveable fun to play. But in Starfield it is just annoying. Many times it doesn't even work, maybe bug? I doubt it. Some enemies shouldn't see me but speak like i have to move away. You can't stay in stealth and killing all people and i know it's not realistic... but it was hell of fun in FO4.

It's a pity to spend your skill points on Laserweapons. And it makes to sense to spend any skillpoints on everything except Shipbuilding Medicine and Weapon/Armour Crafting.

Now i have found a good way to play it now. I just skill Medicine to 4, Weapon, Armour to 4 and the Spezialcrafting perk. Shipshield to level 3, Boostpack very important at the beginning complete and locksmith. I'm level 18 now and have 6 Skillpoints left. And i play on very hard and it's pretty easy.

How are you guys playing starfield, would be very interessting to hear.

Greetings!

I enjoy playing a stealth, ronin (melee weapons), sniper and have done so to level 62. Things that helped me with stealth:

* max out the stealth skill (one of the stealth perks lets you open doors silently)

* use only quiet weapons (weapons with suppressors will make it harder for enemies to detect you; some come with them already installed, like the Old Earth Hunting Rifle)

* use consumables (e.g., Frostwolf makes you harder to detect)

* don’t wear a space suit (I’m assuming that the lighter your clothing, the less noise your character makes)

* use a stealth helmet (if you must wear a space suit, use a space helmet with the Chameleon effect)

* don’t use followers unless they have good stealth (e.g., Vasco will alert foes every time)

* use cover (if you can see enemies, they can see you, so hide)

* be patient (once you’re out of sight, don’t move until the stealth meter says you’re hidden again) 

* use the hidden passageways in buildings when you find them, and keep sneaking when inside them

* SPOILER: Use the Operative Suit (it makes you 20% harder to detect, and is obtained late in the Ryujin Industries quest line, which has many quests requiring both stealth and persuasion checks)

Edited by sp0ckrates