Lost Access to Console

willny4

All my mods have been working until today. When I open the console on my pc I get the message "bat StarfieldEnhanced batch file can't be found" so I can't use the console. I have no memory of ever using this mod collection and it's not listed in the Mod Name or Plugin list so I can't uninstall. I've tried editing the Custom.ini file to remove any mention of Starfield Enhanced and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can purge this and get my console back without losing all my mods? I'm running version 1.8.86. Thanks

Are you using Windows in multi-language mode? If yes change the Windows language to English US and use the tilde key or whatever is underneath your ESC key. If you use a different language you can also just try to hit every key until the console opens. Usually there is no mod that disables the console and as far as i know you would need to install an SFSE Plugin to achieve that. I am on a german keyboard so my key to activate the console by default would be my ö. Check also all directories for INI files and see if there is any line in there that starts with 

sStartingConsoleCommand=bat <whatever>

If you can't find it use your windows explorer search function, it can also look insidde text files and find any file containing this string. Without the "<whatever>" of course. Should be enough if you just search for the string "sStartingConsoleCommand=bat". It could also be that you installed a CCR Mod, in which case the mod or script file will be located in your SFSE Plugins folder, the file extension to look for is .toml. These files can also contain commands that can add entries to your INI files if they don't exist, so that might also be the case for you.

16 hours ago, tomsite said:

Usually there is no mod that disables the console and as far as i know you would need to install an SFSE Plugin to achieve that.

Actually, it seems like a 0kb Console.swf did the trick too: https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1716.

If this trick works, you may need to check your ..\Starfield\Data\ folder. Custom user interface (.swf) files are in: ..\Starfield\Data\interface\Console.swf.

Edited by LarannKiar

On 1/1/2024 at 7:49 PM, LarannKiar said:

Actually, it seems like a 0kb Console.swf did the trick too: https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1716.

If this trick works, you may need to check your ..\Starfield\Data\ folder. Custom user interface (.swf) files are in: ..\Starfield\Data\interface\Console.swf.

LOL that would however be a very obvious issue if you have a mod in your list called "Disable Console" or similar 😉 ...  but then.... nothing is impossible.