Except Uriel Septim's son, who do you think deserved to be Emperor

AncientSpaceAeon

Oblivion RatingExcept Uriel Septim's son, who do you think deserved to be Emperor ?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserve to be Emperor ?

• Yourself
    • High Chanchellor Ocato
    • Gray Fox
    • Lucien Lachance
    • Came from a Mod
    • Sheogorath or the other madmen and madwomen.
    • One of the good guys
    • One of the bad guys
    • Adoring Fan
    • Others

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Jauffre?

He is a quiet guy, and would probably want to stay with the Blades and Order of Talos.

But, he does deserve the chance to emperor.

After all, he did know a lot about the empire, and played a key role in the MQ.

Screw Chancellor Ocato... XD

The first person to come to mind on this for me is Darma, Darma = Love & Peace unless provinces that make her kind slaves would totally revolt.

I wouldn't mind Sheogorath as emporer though as long as he doesn't go Gray March on everyone.

I'm going to have to vote for Chancellor Ocato, if for no other reason than he -and the rest of the Elder Council- are probably the only ones that can pull it off now that Martin's gone.

Silliness aside, let's look at this from a practical standpoint: I've seen a lot of people voting themselves or Lucien Lachance as the new Emperor. Now, while I am as fond of Lucien as everyone else... neither of you have any political standing whatsoever. No one is going to accept a dedicated member of an outlawed society of assassins as an Emperor, unless they intend to use him as a figurehead- and I doubt very much that a.) he'd want the job and b.) he'd put up with being used.

As for the player character- Champion of Cyrodiil or not, do you really think that the rulers of Cyrodiil, not to mention the provinces, are going to accept you as their new ruler? To all intents and purposes you've been acting as a soldier up until the end of the Main Quest (rooting out the Mythic Dawn, taking out the Empire's enemies, etc.). You're not a politician. You're not a diplomat. There is no evidence, in-game, to show that you have any knowledge of Cyrodiil's laws and customs, to say nothing of the other provinces of Tamriel. No one in their right mind is going to put you on the throne unless -again- they intend to use you as a figurehead.

Look at it from the populace's perspective. They would probably want someone they knew and trusted, such as the Elder Council, particularly after such tumultuous events as the Oblivion Crisis- not an unknown hero who came more or less out of nowhere.

And that's not even taking into account your character's species. Do you think that the people of Morrowind would be content to sit back and be ruled by a Khajiit or Argonian? Or that Cyrodiil would enjoy being ruled by a Dunmer? I think not.

EDIT: To the people that chose themselves as Emperor under the banner of "because I deserve it" and "so I can do whatever I want".... Hail Caesar, Emperor of... er, Cyrodiil.

I'm going to stand way over here and watch the impending revolution/coup d'etat from a safe distance.

(You guys don't read too much history, do you?)

Aaaaaanyway, that's just my two cents. I'mo shut up now. >.>

Whatever sympathies aside, I just wonder how can Night Mother's errand boy or runaway troublemaker count would ever qualify any further than merely sitting on the throne. Not to say yellow-haired shame of Bosmer race, who only qualifies as beating dummy at his best. And would ANYONE SANE seriously think of a Madgod in that position? (though he might find it funny, people just would have to pray he won't get bored and remember they exist)

So, the only REAL alternative to Ocato is player character, (let's even put racial question aside, after all Ocato himself is currently Altmer, not the most trusted race by cyrodiillians), as he/she may be anything and have any skills and knowledges, but... well... considering a stick with boobs most prefer to play poor thing will hardly qualify a throne room decoration worthy of imperial dignity (remember, real ladies DON'T run around half-nude, less to say empresses).

Oh, that wasn't a serious question? But non-serious questions are boring and unworthy of answering, aren't they? So it is serious now ^_^