Installing TTW after beating NV? (FPGE)

Mackintoke

Can you? I just had a thought. I already got 200+ mods installed. My games running fine, but after 700 hours I'm starting to run out of content lol. I'm approaching the end game content. I still got to do Lonesome Road, and still got lots of quest mods, like NV Bounties 2, 3, etc. I probably still got another 300 hours. But after that... what then? Wander around the wastes with the FPGE mod and look for tiny things I might have missed? Meh, boring.

I'm thinking LETS TAKE THE TRAIN TO THE CAPITAL WASTELAND!!!!! YEEEEAH!!! But I don't have that mod yet. I didn't have Fallout 3 at the time. I do now though. It was on sale, bought it and all it's DLC.

From what I've heard, you have to do a fresh playthru to use TTW because you have to start in the capital wasteland, not in the mojave. Is this true?

EDIT: Oooh I just thought, I'm level 50 right now, f*#@ing godlike messiah figure. Playing the early quests in FO3 is probably gonna be too easy, right? Or do enemies level with you?

Edited by Mackintoke

YOUR case sounds like incomprehensive bugs just waiting to happen.

Your 200h+ save game wont work on TTW because imcompatibility. You will need to restart from start.

You can choose to start in Mojave, complete main quest there, install FGPE, and jump to Capital Wasteland. How compatible it is I can not tell. But most of FGPE content stay on Mojave, so whats the effing point?

Okay, let's assume you can take a train to DC without bugs. You will arrive at a dank, dark, dirty train station. Fight your way out you will arrive at the middle of the Mall area with mostly Super Mutant battling with Brotherhood of Steel. From then on, you will need to duck back into a metro tunnel to get out of the ruins.

Then either you follow DC main quest by go to GNR building, then to Rivet City, then to Jefferson Memorial, and on to V112. or you travel the waste.

No rolfstomp if that's what you are expecting. If you arrive at DC with any level higher than 16 you will encounter Albino Radscorpion which will sting you to death. Super Mutant Overlord will pummel you with minigun, gatling laser, missile launcher... The only one you can rolfstomp would be molerat, ant, raiders. Even talon mercenaries can butt head with you, since they wear combat armors and many good weapons.

The point is lore wise that my courier is basically done in the mojave, so he travels to the capital wasteland after the completion of the final quests. Without the FPGE mod the game simply ends, you can't play anymore, right? But with FPGE I can still dick around and do s#*!. The most interesting s#*! I can think of doing is travelling to the capital wasteland, maybe bring Arcade Ganon with me to meet the Enclave. I got all kinds of head canon lore s#*! to do. Also, good to know the enemies in FO3 scale with player level. I'd have to bring in the nuke launcher or equivalent to help me fight my way out of the train station with all those powerful enemies in my way. That would be an awesome challenge!

Anyways yeah I looked into it, the mod authors STRONGLY suggest doing a fresh game. Awww...

So I guess I just do more quest modes after the main game ends until I get bored and then wipe my mod list clean, start fresh. I'm thinking I'll do heavily modified DUST playthru next. Then after that I'll try out Tale of Two Wastelands mod alongside any compatible mods from Viva New Vegas mod building guide. It's great to know that you can start off in the mojave instead of the capital wasteland. I think lore wise that makes more sense.

The only reason I would complete one region, then jump to the other to continue... is doing a reset first, and arrive at the new region practically naked. Only way to ensure the new region is not a boring fest. And the only reason to do is certain perk rewarded after some quest to remind me what I had achieved. So that my character has depth, has history.

Even so, the price we paid is the bloated data in the save. All the cells' data you ever visit, you know~

That's why people always advise to do the new region with fresh character.

Edited by laclongquan

Damn ok. So I might as well do a fresh playthru for FO3. Still, using TTW enables aim down sights, and more crafting and stuff. Even if I don't bother going to vegas it's worth having TTW mod for all the gameplay mechanics FNV has.