Overwhelmed by the amount of mods

kellzjc2

This is why collections were introduced, and why most skyrim youtubers suggest entire load orders rather than talk about individual mods. They're meant for people like you who got into modding later and haven't been keeping track of all the mods ever released as they came out one by one. So I suggest you look at that.

As for learning about making your own load orders, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, someone probably needs to write a book about how to do this its so elaborate. Its just so hard to get into. People like you is why I support the nexus' decision to implement the collections thing, unlike most people here it would seem.

• Like 1

The problem is you must use Vortex to install collections, I believe.

What mod manager a person uses is an individual choice.

I think collections are a great idea, I just wish they did not restrict you to one certain mod manager.

Just a warning: Sinitar likes to recommend load orders that DO NOT WORK. So don't follow his guides. If you look at his mod videos, just take them as suggesting mods you could download. I would not recommend installing everything he recommends at once. His video about creatures comes to mind, and his dragon video is similar.

If you have a mid to decent rig, I suggest you start with Nolvus. It is by far the easiest modlist to install since they have their own installer and it will open your eyes to what skyrim modding can actually do. Play around with it for awhile and figure out what about it you enjoy and what you would prefer to be different and then go shopping for a modlist with Wabbajack that suits your personal tastes better.

Google will find both nolvus and wabbajack for you in top results with a simple search.

On 1/29/2024 at 1:47 AM, ModEnjoyer52 said:

Install what looks fun to you, don't worry about it, learn as you go.

This is the best and worst advice given here, really.

Cant deny it's logic but learning as you go will absolutely be a long and painful experience that will test your patience more than the miserable old lady checking 72 lottery tickets infront of you at the cornerstore when all you want is to pay for your gas and get a pack of smokes so you can get back to your kid that thinks you abandoned them. lol.

At least, it was and still is pretty painful to me. Load order logic is something for bigger brains than mine own.

Best mods of all times or most downloaded mods categoryes on the nexus is a great start, but i'd like to suggest you to take a look at youtube videos aswell, you can see a lot of "best of the week" mods quickly and made your idea if you want it or not.

about mod lists like nolvus: sure can't deny it when 90% of its stuff is on my modlist aswell so, it's good, but you should take your time and have a look at mod per mod, what they do (the bugs they could have) and if you want it.