Vtaw left NexusMods

yngve91

As you may have noticed, one of our most talented mod authors Vtaw have left the site, along with all the mods. Vtaw was known mostly for the excellently crafted armor and clothing mod packs called Vtaw Wardrobe.

I was wondering myself, as one of the latest mod packs was a featured mod just a few days ago.

I found this reddit thread that shed light on the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/1alz4pi/fo4_anyone_know_what_happened_to_vtaws_mods/

Long story short; presumably a scuffle broke out between Vtaw and the self-proclaimed master of asset flipping WarfightersWorkshop, this over something so stupid as Mod of Month . More info:

https://imgur.com/a/jpXGALW

https://imgur.com/a/oDFPpDB

Stupidest goddamn thing in the world to get pissy about, but enough reports relating Vtaw's NSFW tagging seems to have gotten the account banned made the author hide the mods.

It´s all bullshit, and we don´t need drama like this in our community, a community which is all about working together and building on each others hard work.

If you have any more information, feel free to share.

edit: Vtaw has not been banned by NexusMods, but have hidden the mods instead.

Edited by yngve91

I should clarify what did and did not happen from Nexus Mods perspective.

Vtaw has not been banned. Bans are recorded in the publicly viewable forums. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/users/9956362

They chose to hide their mods after receiving a warning for removing the adult tags added to his mod by a moderator:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/topic/13468714-vtaw-formal-warning-issued/#comment-130389726

As for WarightersWorkshop, they received two formal warnings for any Terms of Service violations they did during this unnecessarily combative Mod of the Month contest. You can find these in the sub-forum for Bans and Warnings. 

We obviously do not want mod authors to leave the site and it is a shame that Vtaw appears to have decided to no longer post their mods to Nexus Mods. 

Thank you for that clarification, as usual it´s hard to find reliable sources. My confusion was partly due to my understanding that mod authors could no longer delete their mods willy nilly, but I suppose hiding them would have the same effect.

So NexusMods are clearly not at fault, mods should be tagged accordingly.

Still, the issue remains that drama like this infect and rots the community.

This isn't the first time people lost their mind over Mod of the Month.

Maybe you need to change the format so people like Warfighter don't view this as some King of the Hill Royal Rumble match......

Agreed

I believe WFW should be disqualified permanently from participating in motm. If all it was tags, then there wouldn't be an issue, but the intentional targeting from WFW through now changed description on his latest mod, now deleted or changed comments and as far as I've heard, encouraged harassment towards Vtaw on discord. At the very least, disqualified for this month's motm for simply cheating by doing everything in his power to mess with someone else who was beating him at motm. And apparently has a history of bullying since 2021 and has learned nothing. It's only going to get worst.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, NiteFromWindhelm said:

I believe WFW should be disqualified permanently from participating in motm. If all it was tags, then there wouldn't be an issue, but the intentional targeting from WFW through now changed description on his latest mod, now deleted or changed comments and as far as I've heard, encouraged harassment towards Vtaw on discord. At the very least, disqualified for this month's motm for simply cheating by doing everything in his power to mess with someone else who was beating him at motm. And apparently has a history of bullying since 2021 and has learned nothing. It's only going to get worst.

Agreed.

9 hours ago, fraquar said:

This isn't the first time people lost their mind over Mod of the Month.

Maybe you need to change the format so people like Warfighter don't view this as some King of the Hill Royal Rumble match......

Pesonally speaking I never seen the point in it. I know it was never intended to be some sort of competition, but it was also obvious that is exactly what a lot of people would treat it like rather than the passive take it was meant to have - and despite the fact we disallow begging for votes.

I'd rather it was done away with to be honest.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheVampireDante said:

Pesonally speaking I never seen the point in it. I know it was never intended to be some sort of competition, but it was also obvious that is exactly what a lot of people would treat it like rather than the passive take it was meant to have - and despite the fact we disallow begging for votes.

I'd rather it was done away with to be honest.

I find it more rewarding and an honor or whatever to be one of the hot mods for a week then motm. Simply because you have to specifically search for motm vs being one of the 1st things you see on hot mods for said game.